• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Inner Wheelseals.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
I haven't been on in a while, probably because I haven't really been around my eb much and I'm just gonna admit that I have not done a search... do I need my flame suit:-X
But just a quick question, that I must preface first.
I have in place a Currie big bearing axle housing with 28 spline shafts and a spool. ( It sux). However I purchased a third member with a 31 spline d-town locker and matching currie shafts. SO.. What do I tell the parts guy when I want an inner wheel seal?

TIA
ryan sekula

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Probably shouldn't run one. Most of the aftermarket big bearings are wet. There is an axle seal that goes on the axle before the wheel bearing goes on. Have to pull the bearing to change the axle seal.

Run the inner axle seal only if you have sealed axle bearings, do you have sealed axle bearings?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
OK, you are running sealed bearings. You should run inner seals. Have no idea what to tell you to order. Taking a wild guess, try a '78 full size Bronco. I think they are still sealed bearings and it will be the bigger 31 spline shafts for at least a chance at the right diameter.

If someone else speaks up, listen to them before me.