• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear lift gate latch

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Has anyone come up with a better way to latch and lock the lift gate. Dont send a pic of of a pad lock and hasp! Trying to come up with something clean ad simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What's wrong with yours? What's it doing it's not supposed to in other words?

Paul

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I want to get rid of the handle. I'm trying to come up with a bear claw set up with remote release. I'm bored and want to try something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I like the idea but you will be limited on available space to make it happen. I toyed with the idea but it would include making a raised section up into the rear glass to provide room for a latch and locking mech that could be remote operated, by the time I looked into getting a new gasket made etc it quickly went to the back burner. It can be done, you just have to throw enough $$ at it.

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Yeah it one of those wacky ideas I get when I'm bored. Gonna play around with the idea see if I can make something work on a junk top and hatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk