• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear main seal leak

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
i hold no grudges to the woman that i bought it from. she knew a lot about broncos and a very nice lady. she did not drive the thing very much at all. matter of fact... she had it since december and put maybe 200 miles on it. her and her husband does restorations on broncos and some jeeps. the only reason she sold this one is bc she wanted the money to start her frame-off. i dont know much about broncos but that dont mean that i cant learn! i bet all these people werent BORN knowing everything there is to know about broncos. maybe me getting "screwed" wasnt the best way to put it. that was my fault. it was just a figure of speech and i dont in no way think that this woman did that on purpose. there is NO task that i am not "up for." i might not know a lot about them but im 23 years old. i have plenty of time to learn it all! no task too small! i cant believe that u would say that i should consider getting something else! that should be a classicbroncos.com sin! haha. i just had to get that clear but i do appreciate all the help and no grudges are held! thanks man.

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
Excellent; it sounds like you are up to it. Let me know if you need any input on what tools you might need. As I just finished, I can probablhy steer you through. Including machining heads, block and cam, I built my engine for about $1100. This does not include the tools I bought to get through, like hoist, stand, timing light, vacuum gauge, 1/2 drive rachet wrench, reversible drill, books and a large socket for the crank bolt. - Good Luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
ill make sure and let u know how everything goes. my dad just got a rebuilt engine for his 69 ford truck from some company. im not sure of the name. he said that he paid $800 for it. he told me tonight that IF that is the case, the 302 is about $600.00. and we got the tools! dont worry bout that! but he still is not convinced that i need a rebuild. the engine runs WAY too good and he said that something just doesnt seem right. ill def let u know what it comes down to. thanks for all the help

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Since I'm the old guy here and you've had so many different items layed at your feet on this one ...I say you should join that club before you do any thing ..go to a couple of meeting and then let the members there look at your ride and listen to their advise ...they'll come up with the correct answer.......
But before I give some turd $1100.00 to put a rear seal 6.00 worth in it ...I'd just put a new motor in it ...I say if you ask around a rear seal job would go for about 200.00 to 300.00......
I also say it's 2 halves seal unless it a late 302 one piece..

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
Since I'm the old guy here and you've had so many different items layed at your feet on this one ...I say you should join that club before you do any thing ..go to a couple of meeting and then let the members there look at your ride and listen to their advise ...they'll come up with the correct answer.......
But before I give some turd $1100.00 to put a rear seal 6.00 worth in it ...I'd just put a new motor in it ...I say if you ask around a rear seal job would go for about 200.00 to 300.00......
I also say it's 2 halves seal unless it a late 302 one piece..

sorry it took so long to reply... im just waiting on the email from the guys! one guy sent me a CC of an email he sent to a guy in the club. and i havent recieved any email yet. but im patiently waiting for that! well its saturday and im going to attempt to ride through LSU campus for that sweet tigers tailgating party! GOOO TIGERS!!