• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Spring Sag

72Burro

Loc.
Ca
With my old springs, the rear left leaned about 1.5 inches when looking at it from the rear. The front is only off 1/4 inch. My neighbor and I both bought new suspensions (dever springs/ BC coils) this last month. We did mine first, and after a day it was leaning again in the rear and only a 1/8 inch differnce in the front..

So I tore the rear down and put his rear spings on and the rear left still sags.
I put the rear part of the frame on jack stands so both leafs/axle was suspeneded, and the measurement from the bumper to the ground is the same on both sides (so I'm assuming the frame isn't bent) I was carefull when I did the C bushings so I don't think it caused by the front

Any thoughs? thanks

NeverSatisfied

Loc.
Spring, TX
I'd say it's still bronco lean. You need to be looking at the front end. Just a little difference up front can equate to more significant lean in the back

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Measure the height from the gound to the bottom of the frame on both sides in front of and behind the rear leafs. If those check out to be the same on each side then measure from the quarter panel seam at the door post and the rear corner on both sides and see what you come up with. With those measurement you will be able to locate the source of your lean.

70_Steve

Old Guy
72Burro said:
I was carefull when I did the C bushings so I don't think it caused by the front
It doesn't matter how careful you were when you installed the C-bushings. If you didn't absolutely guarantee that the radius arms were parallel after tightening up the radius arm caps, then most probably you have the Bronco Lean.

Read the tech article on Wild Horses web site. Then remove your front differential assy with radius arms. Set the front differential on jack stands, lower the radius arms and see if they both touch at the same time.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/tech_faqs_bronco_lean.asp

I did the exact same thing as you. Bronco leaned to the drivers side. Installed a complete new 2 1/2" lift suspension, including 4 deg C-bushings. Still leaned to the drivers side. I tried everything, including switching springs from one side to another. Got me so pissed I let the Bronco sit for two years until talking with another Bronco owner about the problem. He says "I know what's wrong!" and emailed me the tech article on the Bronco Lean.

When you find that the radius arms aren't parallel, and you have to remove them to check to see if you have the C-bushings in properly, make sure you clean the inside of the radius arms and radius arm caps, and the wedges on the axle tube. Then lubricate the C-bushings with something to help them seat properly.

Cooter_76

Oooh. This one's got me worried. When I installed the c-bushings for my 2 1/2" lift, the radius arms were off by about 1/2". The Bronco sits level now, but I have stiff add-a-leafs in the rear. I wonder if I'll develop Bronco Lean when I finally drop some coin for full leaf packs. ?:? Keeping my fingers crossed!

OP
OP

72Burro

Loc.
Ca
I pulled the front end this morning, the radius arms are parellel. With the front part of frame on jack stands there is no lean i can see from the front, the rear left is still sagging w/ no radius arms installed. I dont think its being cause by the front end