• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear turn signals not working....

jjintn

Loc.
Johnson City, TN
Just bought a 66' Bronco after having Jeeps for years. The previous owner had put in new Centech wiring. I had to rewire the connector coming from the steering column as most of the wires connectors were missing. Here's the problem... After hooking everything up the front turn signals work, as well as the hazard flashers all around, and the rear running lights, but no rear turn signals. I've checked the flashers and the fuses and they are good. I'm assuming the previous owner hooked something up incorrectly, but not sure where to start.... Any quick tips?

Thanks,
J

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Welcome!

Do the brake lights work?

I would start back in the column wiring and check for a mistake, real easy to do and I've done it myself a few times. Did you get a new signal switch or rewire the existing one?

OP
OP
jjintn

jjintn

Loc.
Johnson City, TN
Both brake lights work, and the rear lights will flash with the hazard switch, but when I turn on the blinker for either side I only get front signals. its the original signal switch, I just rewired it. I've checked all the connections coming from the column, and evening looks good at least as far as what I've done, not sure about the previous owner.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

gtnorga

Make sure you don't have a pushed pin at the column connector. I had that as my no flasher problem.

OP
OP
jjintn

jjintn

Loc.
Johnson City, TN
Just checked, all pins are secure in the connector...
a6f84364-844b-a918.jpg

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
X2 check the actual switch in the steering column. I had to bend the plastic a bit to improve the contact and no more problems.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Just a shot here,but have you checked the grounds..to the rear??

OP
OP
jjintn

jjintn

Loc.
Johnson City, TN
yeah, checked the ground earlier, going to try to swap the front and rear wires in the connector when I get back, thinking that should at least let me know if its the signal switch if the rears start working...