• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Rear view mirrors, auto-dimming, compass, outside temp, map lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Gentex rear view mirrors with features. All are auto-dimming. All come with req'd harness and temp sensor. Any of these will mount up in a Bronco, just need to glue the button(which is available) to the windshield....I have one in my Bronco.

Gentex Autodim, Homelink, LED Map Light, Compass, Outside Temp FULL feature mirror. This is the crown jewel of Gentex mirrors with all the available functions. This particular model mirror is rare because it has all functions. It is the closest I've seen for compass/temp/map light combo. If the insecurity of Homelink with an open top vehicle, just don't program the Homelink buttons, which renders them useless. It comes complete with mirror, harness & outside temp sender. This is the same mirror as the 50-GENK60 GENK-60 that Gentex used to sell as aftermarket, No longer available new. $175 for this mirror...unavailable right now, sold out.

Gentex 536 Autodim Homelink w/ hidden compass display in rearview mirror Comes with the wire harness. $85 for this mirror.

Gentex 261 Autodim mirror with compass and outside temp dual line display. Comes with wire harness and outside temp sender. $70 obo for this mirror.

PM me for more info. I can offer them for a little more $$ if you want me to clean up & figure out the wiring. Please do not ask, what is the best I'll take...Homie don't play dat. If you're interested, make an offer.

Attachments

• gntx341-2.JPG
    gntx341-2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 381
  • gntx341-1.JPG
    gntx341-1.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 280
  • mirror.JPG
    mirror.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 260
  • gntx536-1.JPG
    gntx536-1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Do these use a different windshield button than a standard car rear view mirror does?

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
These mirrors use the standard glue-on wedge mount button that a regular rearview mirror uses.

Dpearce

Do you have any pics installed in your Bronco? Curious to see how you routed the power cord. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Do you have any pics installed in your Bronco? Curious to see how you routed the power cord. Thanks.

I don't have any pics and the Bronco is taken apart right now. There are 6 small gauge wires that I had in a loom. The loom was attached with small zip ties to the wiper motor harness, then ran down the side of the windshield frame, held in place with an adel clamp. My plan once the Bronco is painted is to try to get the mirror wiring inside the windshield frame with the wiper motor wiring. I haven't tried yet, but I think it will go since it's very small gauge wires. I will try to get a picture for you once it's put together again.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Got the holy grail installed over the week end and love it.

I wasn't patient enough to try to fish the wiring through the windshield with the wiper harness, but I too believe it will fit with patience.

Now I just need to research how to program the home link door openers.

landshark99

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
Got the holy grail installed over the week end and love it.

I wasn't patient enough to try to fish the wiring through the windshield with the wiper harness, but I too believe it will fit with patience.

Now I just need to research how to program the home link door openers.

Photos or it didn't happen. You replaced the old button? Heat gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.