• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

reinstalling rear seats?

G

I recently purchased a '72 bronco with recently installed flooring throughout. how and where should i remount the rear seat, without having to remove the gas tank?

Deere4440

Loc.
Helena, MT
First verify your Bronco had rear seats originally. My 66 didn't; but had dimples in the metal floor. I replaced my tank so while it was out, I welded in the nuts that the factory didn't provide. In your case, I'd suggest pulling up the covering (?). OR you may get close by measuring another stock EB then cutting through the covering. The stock rear seat base will cover up a small amount if your initial hole is a little off. Once you find one, the other three will be easy.<br>Good luck

mark74ranger

Loc.
Albuquerque N.M.
Go underneath the back of your Bronco and determine if it had a rear seat as described above. Once you find the rear seat holes and welded nuts for the rear seat and seat belts, just poke an ice pick or sharp nail through you flooring material from the bottom.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
If your rear seat isn't stock you could do what I did and mounted a piece of 2x2 angle to each wheel well with 2 stainless nuts, bolts, washers. and then used 2 clevis pins and hair pins on each side. A cheap and easy way for a removable rear seat. ;D

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
When I put my rear seat in it didn't have the nuts welded to the underside of the flooring. It had the holes but no nuts. I just used bolts, nuts, and washers. The hard part was the rear nuts. I used a piece of tape to tape up one side of the wrench and hold the nut in place and had my boy start the bolt from the top. It was a pain and it will be a bitch to remove the but it can be done with out taking off the tank.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
If you center it between your rear wheel wells just a tad front of center you can drill your holes in the floor without coming close to the tank or having to remove it.<br><br>I have a 67 halfcab which obviously didn't have a rear seat. But since I have kids I regularily put a full top on with the rear seat so the family can go for a ride.