• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removable Door Wire Disconnect

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
I have the lift off hinges on my bronco and have power door locks. I need someway to get the wires into the door, but also be able to disconnect them for when I take the doors off. Any suggestions?

(I want this to look pretty clean)

Thanks!

nick1975bronco

Keep it clean has wireless contacts. Eliminates wires through the door. Painless also has one. .
b14a2ea52cfac324f367c885f5323a95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aisawalsh

Contributor
Loc.
Sylvan Lakre, Alberta, Canada
I purchased a wireless door jamb connector set from Painless wiring but lots of other companies make these connectors such as Keep it clean. Do an internet search for wireless door jamb connectors and you will find lots of ideas.

OP
OP
C

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Why would you want to lock your doors if they're open?

That is a good question! The only reason I can think of is hitting the power door locks when the door is open to make sure it is locked when they get closed... but that is nit picky!

CW

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That is a good question! The only reason I can think of is hitting the power door locks when the door is open to make sure it is locked when they get closed... but that is nit picky!

CW

Or, and this happens to me a lot, you want to get something out of the passenger side but the door is locked. You go to the drivers door, open it, and unlock the doors. You would not want to have to get in and close the door to do that....

Cooper

Loc.
Northeast
Or, and this happens to me a lot, you want to get something out of the passenger side but the door is locked. You go to the drivers door, open it, and unlock the doors. You would not want to have to get in and close the door to do that....

That happens to me all the time, so closing the door would get old fast. The wires for this are going to be pretty small (18 or 20 gauge?). What if you run hard wires along or through the door strap (even sew them into the material making the wire look like a bias along the strap) and connect to the above pictured hardware but mount it to a small plate shaped to fit under the footman loop that you would then unscrew and take with the door when it is removed. The strap has to be removed anyway when the door is taken off by undoing the footman loop.

Second idea - maybe just hide a small flat trailer connector behind the strap and unplug it when removing the door. Keeping it a little more simple.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I would wire in a weather pack connector in a spot that would be easy to get to undo. In my experience the spring loaded connectors are not very reliable