• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

remove chrome from door

Heus33

Bronco Guru
There are a few small tabs - use a flat head screwdriver and bend these back a bit.

Then you'll have to start at the wing window part and try to slide that up towards the sky - be patient here or else you'll bend it. Go slow - maybe spray some WD 40 around there to help it slide but it essentially will just slide up and out. Once I had the trim moved a bit I used a small piece of wood (like a paint stick) and tapped the end of it with a rubber mallet to help it slide up and out.

blakerj10

Loc.
Gillette
I just did this. Just tweak the tabs a little. Just enough so there is a gap between the tab and door frame. I started on the back, vertical post. This allows you to pop off the peices as the overlap each other. I then used a very blunt, large screw driver and a small rubber mallet. One edge of the trip peice wraps around the door frame a lot- the other edge not so much. I think the edge with lesser wrap is on the outside of the circle. In other words. Standing between the bronco and the open door, start with the rear most trim peice and the rear most edge of the trim. Just tap along the lenght of the trim peice and you will see it move a little as the trim trys to "pop" off the door frame. As you work down the trim peice, it starts to come off. As you near the end of the trim peice, get ready to catch it as it springs off the frame. Real easy. No bends or scratches when I did mine.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I had a heck of a time with mine. Tried to be as careful as I could and still bent it a little. I'd just leave it on and paint around it if I had it to do over.