• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing Dash Control Label Lights?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I have a 1976 and want to replace / swap bulbs on the Dash Control Label Lights. Do they just pop out from the front side or is there a trick to getting them out? Thank you

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
It's been some time since I removed one of mine but I believe you just remove the connector and push out thru the front of the dash by pushing from the rear.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Reach up behind the dash and compress them lightly in the center to disengage the tabs holding them to the dash and push them through the front. Since they're plastic, if you compress them with too much force, they can crack.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
They are a real pain in the ars to get out without breaking. As others have said...you have to remove wiring from rear of plug under dash. There are 4 tabs (2 top and 2 Bottom). You will have to squeeze the bezel behind dash for the tabs to release. They push out the front of dash. Good luck. Take a deep breath and stay patient. This is one of those times it would be awesome to have stretch Armstrong arms, tiny hands that pinch like a vise!