• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing door glass

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I need to replace my drivers side window. I have a set of old doors I was going to pull the glass from.

What is the easiest way to get them out? Can they be taken out with the metal track still attached to the bottom?

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I had to remove the anti rattle strips on the door edge to get them out with the tracks on them. I also had to remove the felt strip along the vent window.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The vent window assembly needs to come out also (bunch of hidden screws behind weather stripping 3 on side & one on top if I recall correctly AND the main one on the door body). The window is held to the channel that it rides up and down on with a clipped in piece of plastic roller ($2-3 and worth replacing). Unclip and pull the lift arm out, then pull the glass up and out of the window opening. The window should come out with the one channel still attached.

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
Getting it out wasn't too bad once I figured out all the parts.

Getting it back in is a differnt story. I put the window in the tracks but it won't allow the vent window in. I tried taking the glass off the tracks but still couldn't get enough room to put the vent window it.

The part of the vent window with the the track that extends down into the door is the issue.

Is there a certain order that I need to follow?