• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing door panels

patterdale

Bronco Guru
I got it all taken apart and fixed the door handle. A few clips stayed in the door, but I pulled them and will put them back in the panel.

Thanks for the help

There is a tool for these door clips available at any local parts house. It is kind of a fork that goes around the clip once you locate it and then you just pry it out. Takes little practice but is better than popping them out of the fiber board and ruining the hole the clip rides in.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Should I even put the paper back on? Maybe source some of the newer style black plstic stuff thats found on current cars?

It keeps your fiberboard door panel from getting wet. seal it up. On a Bronco if it doesn't rust it rots!!

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Adarcy, If you were referring to those strips of black cloth-like tape like stuff, that is factory. Except usually those were little square over the square holes. Don't know why they are where they are on yours, unless the guy at the factory was in a hurry or didn't know what they tape was for and was told that "some of this black tape here goes on the inside of the door", so he put some there! And the paper liner like stuff was treated to be water repellant so that any water passing through there did not soak the back of the door panel upholstery cards. Most of us removed those the first time we removed the door panels and end up having to replace the door panels because they get water soaked eventually. If you are up to it, you should think about some plastic sheeting to do the same job. Unless you never plan on getting your Bronco wet!