• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RENAMED THREAD: Jims constant need for sheet metal answers

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Holy Crap. What do I need to do about this? (kick panel and inner fender?) I'm already in way over my head with this metal work!

Attachments

• Rot.jpg
    Rot.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 22

Jamie Chriss

what does the lower door post look like. I have this exact issue right now. I am cutting the lower portion of the door post off and putting in new kick plates. The rust is most likely eating away at the pillar from the looks of your picture.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I wouldn't even be real concerned with that, That piece of metal(kick panel) is actually samwhiched between the inner rocker and door post. I would take a cut off wheel and just cut a square section out removing that little swiss cheese section and patch it. the metal below looks fine. Make template if your replacement piece out of tag board then place it over that area and trace around it so you know where to cut. I'd just use a spot weld cutter where it's attached to the door post

IMG_8379.JPG