• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacing Panels

lodgeskins

Loc.
CT
I'm looking for my first Bronco, and while I've never done any welding, I do have a welder and am not scared to try replacing panels. My question is regarding cut vs. uncut broncos. I have been limiting my search to uncut trucks, but after seeing the panels available aftermarket, I was wondering if I should open up my search to cut wheel wells, too, and figure that I can just swap out the rear quarters anyway. What got me thinking about this is that one uncut truck I was considering was going to need the quarter panels replaced due to rust, so I figure at that point it doesn't really matter that it was uncut to begin with... right? Seems logical to me, but I just want confirmation that nothing else is typically removed or cut (like bracing) when the cutting for larger tires is done.

Last edited:

4x4jumper

yep sounds good! and it depends on how big of tires they tried to fit... anything can be replaced with money (and lots of it!)! i personally don't really like the look of and uncut bronco, unless it was done like bax's bronco...