• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Repop chrome bumpers

BigB

Hi Guys,

Tried a google search.....

Just wondering if the reproduction chrome bumpers are the same manufacturer? I assume so but you know how that goes.

Toms list's their's as fitting better than anyone else's plus they have a "show quality" set.

I don't need show quality as that will make my tractor paint job look worse ;D

I'm going to modify my existing bumpers and tire carrier to accept these.

CJ Pony Parts has the best price I found and cheapest shipping.

Edit: CJ Pony Parts does in fact have free shipping on their bumpers. When you checkout now with them and shipping pops up the first option was a faster shipping option of $18 or something. Scroll down the options to the bottom of that and you can select free shipping.

Last edited:

Antman1984

I have been wondering the same thing. CJ pony parts doesn't have a huge selection of stuff but the free shipping is great.

OP
OP
B

BigB

I need to stop searching on this site!!!!

Now I'm thinking about getting the e coated steel bumpers and shortening them. Then would paint them either body color or the off white color that my steel wheels and hard top will be.

Hmmm decisions decisions :eek:

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I got one from JBG last year and it was a nice bumper. Got one about a month ago from JBG and was from a different company or the name was changed and it is beautiful. The name on the new one was triplate or something like that and that thing belongs on the wall next to the Rembrandt. Ken

OP
OP
B

BigB

I got one from JBG last year and it was a nice bumper. Got one about a month ago from JBG and was from a different company or the name was changed and it is beautiful. The name on the new one was triplate or something like that and that thing belongs on the wall next to the Rembrandt. Ken

Thanks Ken.

ryes

Recently picked one up last month from JBG during their Christmas sale. This was the vendor box it came in:

8284-B298-5-B39-46-B2-8-CF6-237-BBF0-CA1-A4.jpg

OP
OP
B

BigB

Recently picked one up last month from JBG during their Christmas sale. This was the vendor box it came in:

8284-B298-5-B39-46-B2-8-CF6-237-BBF0-CA1-A4.jpg

Thanks, did a quick search and they don't appear to sell direct. Looks like it's the same one AMD sells and for around the same price as vendors.

OP
OP
B

BigB

Actually AMD sells that bumper for $189 and JBG is $100 more.

That is if it is in fact from the same manufacturer.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I haven't been able to real rear bumper anywhere.
They all seem to be the front ones with the little square bumperett holes.

OP
OP
B

BigB

I think I paid around 150 bucks for it. Ken

JBG have 2 different quality bumpers. Not sure if the more expensive one is the AMD one or not. I know AMD are pretty good with their pricing.

OP
OP
B

BigB

Thanks for the replies so far. I have decided I am going for painted bumpers that I'm looking to shorten.

Carry on in my absence ;D

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
bumpers

I have had trouble with all re pop bumpers. They have started rusting after a couple of years. Anyone have this experience.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
wait for an original to come up and buy it? got to be some options right.. :)