• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Reverse copper brass radiator

Contributor
I want to stick with a copper brass radiator, I am running the explorer serp conversion as well. I was wondering if anyone has had the inlet/outlets reversed on the radiator? It would be nice to not have to use the bottom cross conversion pipe.

anoblefox

Contributor
I would be up for one as well, the one I have has been in for nearly 40 years and at some point WILL need to be replaced.

OP
OP

Contributor
I am looking to see if anyone has had the inlet/outlets reversed on the radiator to better suit the explorer front dress.

67sport

Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
I am looking to see if anyone has had the inlet/outlets reversed on the radiator to better suit the explorer front dress.
That's what is in mine. The PO had the inlet/outlet swapped to match the water pump on whatever 302 he had found to replace the original 289.
I've owned the truck for over 25 years and it was in it when I bought the truck. I've had it recored twice, and its leaking now from one of the side tanks. Looking to replace the rad/water pump to standard as soon as funds permit.
TBH, it caused me years of confusion as an uneducated guy, trying to figure out why standard water pumps and hoses didn't work for me, lol.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I would be up for one as well, the one I have has been in for nearly 40 years and at some point WILL need to be replaced.
I would be up for one also , if it’s an automatic transmission, the trans cooler would have to be on the driver side tank for it to work right I have an aluminum champion radiator and it started leaking after 8,000 miles , I installed a transmission cooler on the driver side tank and it works great. I just worry about pin hole leaks

Last edited:

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
@DirtDonk @WILDHORSES @mitch@wildhorses

Any chance of getting this product?
What is your time frame? I think anyone that wants one quickly should head to the local radiator shop and have them glue one together. Lead time from WH will not be that good for a from scratch product. I may do what I'm suggesting with our local shop as I have some scratch and dent cores we could use. I'm guessing I will have as much into it as if I had a new unit. That would give us something to test with. No promises but I will see if we can come up with some sort of prototype in the next few weeks.

For additional market research why are you guys opposed to running the cross over tube. Think of all the extra water it holds.:)

Jim

OP
OP

Contributor
What is your time frame? I think anyone that wants one quickly should head to the local radiator shop and have them glue one together. Lead time from WH will not be that good for a from scratch product. I may do what I'm suggesting with our local shop as I have some scratch and dent cores we could use. I'm guessing I will have as much into it as if I had a new unit. That would give us something to test with. No promises but I will see if we can come up with some sort of prototype in the next few weeks.

For additional market research why are you guys opposed to running the cross over tube. Think of all the extra water it holds.:)

Jim

Wow! Thanks Jim! My Bronco is quite a ways off from running so I have time to wait. I would rather support you guys if you choose to offer this product.

For me, it just adds another piece to the system. I’d rather have the inlets and outlets reversed for simplicity.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I will support the effort. I have a new reverse aluminum radiator going into my build at this point. But I with the aluminum radiator failure record. I may need a replacement sooner than later.