• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ricer seats on Ebay for EBs

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i've thought about those. they do a great job holding you in place, but they're not built for fat people like me!

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Yeah the shipping is what actually pays for the seats. I have some, paid about $240 on ebay. Not bad, but had to level the passenger side to get the seat in. Also its tight getting the bolt and nut tightend but you can get it done after a little work. A lot of the guys on here don't like the ricer seat look, but I like this look a lot more than the beard seat look. And they are comfortable. Heres a few pics:

Attachments

• DSCN1396a.jpg
    DSCN1396a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 96
  • z8.jpg
    z8.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1948a.jpg
    DSCN1948a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 72

TIGERNUTZ

Loc.
Louisiana
sfaforester said:
Yeah the shipping is what actually pays for the seats. I have some, paid about $240 on ebay. Not bad, but had to level the passenger side to get the seat in. Also its tight getting the bolt and nut tightend but you can get it done after a little work. A lot of the guys on here don't like the ricer seat look, but I like this look a lot more than the beard seat look. And they are comfortable. Heres a few pics:

OK, what do you mean "level the passenger side"? I am also thinking about these seats, but want to know what is involved in mounting them.

thanks

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
I have TENZO R racing seats in my rig (check out my gallery). I love these seats and they are very comfortable. I got custom brackets made for them and to bolt directly in to my Bronco for an easy installation. I got the brackets from MMR USA. They are great quality and they already come powder coated black.

bronconate68

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have a set of these seats also. They are not for the very large guy. I fit in them just perfect. I bought them on ebay. The padding is cheap but the frame seems sturdy enough. I pulled the seats I had out and swapped the rails and they bolted right in. I think they look good enough. I picked them up for right around 2 bills to the door. Well worth it for me.

nate
'68

buckshotaz

Loc.
Arizona
I have some of these seats in my '71. They look good but they are too small for me and most of my friends. Also sit up too high using the stock mounts.

kcmacg

Loc.
Lafayette, Louisiana
I have some of these in mine also, I don't know the exact brand, i went and got an import racer magazine, and flipped throught the ads in it, i got a pair for 235.00 with shipping including the rails to mount them on. Im 6'2" and weighing about 240lbs (Beer). I love them.

Shelton823

So how about it Fat Guys

What are we big men to do for seats other than drop 20 ... alright 60 pounds. Any big guys out there find something comfortable for a good price let us know about it. KCM what brand seat did you end up with.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
TIGERNUTZ said:
OK, what do you mean "level the passenger side"? I am also thinking about these seats, but want to know what is involved in mounting them.

thanks

I mean that the passenger side is not currently level. There is a bracket that holds the stock seat. Thats why there is such a big storage area underneath the seat. Like one of these guys said, the bracket from the stock seat may work with these ricer seats but just for fun I bought a drawer unit from wild child (http://www.awildchild.com/store1.htm). It works well for me. As I said before the only crappy part is getting a wrench in between your seat and platform it sits on to tighten the bolts down. But it can be done.

Brussel- I like those seats! I'll trade you. What did they price at?

As far as the seat not working for fattys- I'm 5'11" and at 230 lbs right now. So I'm not a lightweight exactly and the seats are snug. You can actually bend the seat cushion sides (not sure what they are called), you can bend them out, but it may not be good for the seat. The only other negative thing I can think of is the getting in and out of the seats. You can bust your gonads if you aren't careful. Plus if you put too much weight on the sides while you are climbing out that will bend the side too.

kontinu

Loc.
mount holly
I just visited Pepboys and they have racing seats on sale for $90 a piece. Next to the door they had 2 of these all vinyl black and gray reclineable with sliders. The only thing was that 1 of them had 2 1inch slices in them 1on top behind the headrest and 1on the side. I asked the hot girl working there if they were for sale and at a discounted price because of the slicemarks in them. She checked with the manager and said he'll take 20% off of the regular price. I said 40%, he finally said 30% and thats the best he could do. SOLD. $63 a piece. What a steal 130 for 2 fresh new seats. Plus $1 for a tube of superglue to close the small 1in hole up.
To top it off the girl at the register said "what are you putting these seats in?" I replied " a 69 bronco" acting cool. She came back at me and said "i have a 72bronco" :eek: and she just put corbeu seats in hers and it ran her $600.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
I have been looking for seats also, I'd like to find a nice set
of mustang seats that don't have a bunch of miles on them. :cool:
the racing seats won't fit large framed folks well. Another thing
about the racing seats is that the bottom sides raise up real high. It's
ok in a small car where you have to sit down in, but if you slide
over it and down to get out of a higher vehicle you will leave your
nuts on the seats edge!!! I have seen a fellow on here that took
a 60/40 bench seat out of an extended cab 2000 ranger
that looked really good.The passenger side also tilted up
to get to the back.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
kontinu said:
I just visited Pepboys and they have racing seats on sale for $90 a piece. Next to the door they had 2 of these all vinyl black and gray reclineable with sliders. The only thing was that 1 of them had 2 1inch slices in them 1on top behind the headrest and 1on the side. I asked the hot girl working there if they were for sale and at a discounted price because of the slicemarks in them. She checked with the manager and said he'll take 20% off of the regular price. I said 40%, he finally said 30% and thats the best he could do. SOLD. $63 a piece. What a steal 130 for 2 fresh new seats. Plus $1 for a tube of superglue to close the small 1in hole up.
To top it off the girl at the register said "what are you putting these seats in?" I replied " a 69 bronco" acting cool. She came back at me and said "i have a 72bronco" :eek: and she just put corbeu seats in hers and it ran her $600.

Are you married???? You may have just found the perfect woman. Or at least tell her to get her rear end on this forum!
;D ;D ;D

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
I knew a guy who knew a guy. This guy bought these seats for an Eagle Talon that he had dropped 10k in the motor. He got the car back and took it down the road and blew the motor. The seats were never bolted in and they just sat collecting dust. I paid $320 for both and I think he paid a little over $400 and never go to sit in them. They are very comfortable. I am wanting to have them recovered in a waterproof material like neoprene.

Here is the web site that the seats came from...
http://www.carxpressions.com/interior/tenzo_sport_seats.htm

Here is the site that I had my custom seat brackets made...
http://www.mmrusa.com/sale2.htm