• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rockers and fulcrum seat questions

AU Bronco

Loc.
Madison, AL
Ok i got these used heads for my 302 rebuild and im trying to figure out a few things.....1)there is a number on each rocker arm 1-16 and the letter w.....do they have a specific cylinder and valve? i looked at my old heads and they have numbers and letters and appear to be in no specific order. 2) I have 8 round, smooth fulcrum seats and 8 with grooves...i assume for oil...again my old heads just had the smooth....which valve do the grooved ones go on....here are some pics
thanx

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

NoJoe

Loc.
san jacinto,ca.
Hi: I would put the grooved ones on the exhaust valves but it doesn't matter and the 1-6w probably is 1.6 ratio rockers.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Never seen the grooved fulcroms before. ?:?
The numbers are probably just for conveniance. They weren't made for specific cylinders but just numbered so you could remove them and always be able to put them back on the same valve.