• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

roll cage blueprint

75GreenBronco

Roll Cage Plans

Guys ... this thread is almost 4 years old.
I think the horse is dead.

I realize that, but obviously people are still able to see it (evidenced by the mere fact that you commented on it) and I thought someone would be willing to help.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I love the idea that someone is complaining about an old thread coming back to life. This is probably one of the people that also complains when someone new to using forums didn't search befor asking a question.

If threads weren't meant to com back up then they should be automatically locked after a year of inactivity. But I like the idea of an old thread coming back instead of starting a new thread on the exact same subject.

That's my $0.02

NMWILLY

Loc.
Hendersonville, NC
I love the idea that someone is complaining about an old thread coming back to life. This is probably one of the people that also complains when someone new to using forums didn't search befor asking a question.

If threads weren't meant to com back up then they should be automatically locked after a year of inactivity. But I like the idea of an old thread coming back instead of starting a new thread on the exact same subject.

That's my $0.02

I'm not complaining about anything. I love old threads.
It's just that this Pootie guy that was giving out plans years ago is long gone. I guess I'm confused who is providing these plans folks are asking for.
If I was asking the general community for some plans I would have started a new thread. But hey ... whatever :)

Michaelv's69

Guys, I for one have been building cages for over 25 years and would not give up my plans or designs to anyone. How about supporting the vendors who have put long hours in designing, manufacturing and properly welding a cage for our specific trucks? Why do you think that no one has responded for years to this thread? It is because this product is how many of the vendors and shops specializing in our year trucks make their living and their designs are considered propietary to their livliehood. Here is a challenge to all who think they are "fabricators": If you are a real fabricator and not just a welder-and believe me there is a BIG difference, then why can't you build it yourself?

75GreenBronco

Guys, I for one have been building cages for over 25 years and would not give up my plans or designs to anyone. How about supporting the vendors who have put long hours in designing, manufacturing and properly welding a cage for our specific trucks? Why do you think that no one has responded for years to this thread? It is because this product is how many of the vendors and shops specializing in our year trucks make their living and their designs are considered propietary to their livliehood. Here is a challenge to all who think they are "fabricators": If you are a real fabricator and not just a welder-and believe me there is a BIG difference, then why can't you build it yourself?

I'm not trying to cheat anyone out of their living, nor would I even pretend to call myself a "fabricator" (or a welder for that matter). My hope was that someone would be willing to share their knowledge and expertise with someone who is in need. Not everyone can afford to spend $500+ on a roll cage (plus shipping if you go that route), especially after already dumping all my other pennies into this restoration project. In today's economy, people are looking for ways to save (without cutting corners).

That's where FRIENDS come in... that's right... people who are willing to help others. I have friends with the skills that I do not possess that will help me with this project. If only I had a set of plans to give them to go from, which brings me back to my original question... Is there anyone who is willing to share their designs/plans for a family style 6 point roll cage? That's not too much to ask for (in my opinion). If so, you can send them to justin@pixonify.com

Michaelv's69

I'm not trying to cheat anyone out of their living, nor would I even pretend to call myself a "fabricator" (or a welder for that matter). My hope was that someone would be willing to share their knowledge and expertise with someone who is in need. Not everyone can afford to spend $500+ on a roll cage (plus shipping if you go that route), especially after already dumping all my other pennies into this restoration project. In today's economy, people are looking for ways to save (without cutting corners).

That's where FRIENDS come in... that's right... people who are willing to help others. I have friends with the skills that I do not possess that will help me with this project. If only I had a set of plans to give them to go from, which brings me back to my original question... Is there anyone who is willing to share their designs/plans for a family style 6 point roll cage? That's not too much to ask for (in my opinion). If so, you can send them to justin@pixonify.com

I am all for sharing knowledge and expertise with fellow EB owners who are in need. I have been doing it for over 25 years and as a matter of fact, I have a few posts up asking for information on how to do a few things on my own truck here, HOWEVER, my questions do not ask for company, propietary knowledge designs that can hurt someone's livliehood. With this economy, vendors in our little EB world are trying to make money to survive.
Enough of that, your FRIENDS, assuming that they are tube fabricators and have the proper tools to build you a cage, should be able to knock it out in a weekend even if they have never built one from scratch. There are many awesome examples in the photo gallery seen on this site for the EB that will give you a place to start. In addition, online, there are great sites showing how to design a cage the right way. By the way, depending on what type of tubing you use, the materials alone will cost you at least $300.00 and that includes your floor plates, the tubing and welding supplies. Good luck with your venture.

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Some guys want to get it done by a local shop and cant afford to ship. I think we should get some plans up in the DIY section! Others take pride in doing it on their own. I'm sure you can figure it out on your own but tried and true plans would be a great place to start.

Vendors should have the highest quality/most innovative products and there will always be people out there willing to pay a premium for that.

I am building my own and wouldent mind some plans to compare to. kirk.aguer@gmail.com