• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll cage height

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Can someone who runs both a hard top and a soft top measure the hieght of their cage please.... I am trying to fiure out how high I can go and it still clear both tops... It looks like 42.5 will clear the hard top but I dont have a soft top installed to check it.

Also... are the besttop and Rampage tops the same hieght?

Thanks,

Greg

moe d

Loc.
chicago, il
the soft tops are all pretty much the same height.. either way you need to clear the hard top. If you clear that you should be good to go. I just made my cage to be at the same height of my windshield wiper motors and havent had any issues..

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Thanks... I am fairly tall so I wanted to give my head as much room as possible. I was afraid the soft tops may be a little smaller than the hard top and not fit. But you are saying the hard top is smaller inside ...right?

Greg

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I run a hard top and a Rampage soft top with a family cage 10 Degree bend in the rear.
I will measure my cage height tonight and shoot you the number but I think I am at 43" (front floor to top of cage).

I have a couple of inches of clearance with the soft top. It is closer with the hard top in places.

When I test fit the hard top I had clearance issues in the rear. I had to bring my back bar in an inch so the hard top would drop all the way down.

My only clearance issue now is the front bow on my soft top will not go all the way to my tailgate. It hits the roll cage. it is no big deal and I just replaced the hinge bolt with a pin that I can pull out to get the bow to clear.

I too wanted all the room I could get.

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Great looking Bronco... I had a black one back in 1983... a super clean 74 model. I get sick everytime I think about selling that EB... I was young and thought I needed a new F150... Well the F150 sucked and I lost my Bronco.

O well... I couldnt get that link to work for some reason.

Greg

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
BLUE?? I thought it was black... still looks great though.

When I was in Junior high (1970s) I had a poster on my wall of a dark blue bronco with a white "ragtop" as it was called then. I have always loved these money eaters...

Greg