• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rollcage in stock Bronco

rjp1965

Well, I've been thinking about the same thing for two years. I can't decide between a full family cage, simple roll bar, or the Foose cage. I know I need it, but I have a stock bronco with no lift. As riducululous as this sounds, anything put a simple roll bar would look kind of silly.

I'm leaning towards the Foose cage. I think it would provide enough protection for both front and rear passangers. I'll just have to throw on some skinny 31's and leave her uncut.

What is a Foose Cage?

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
What are folks the experiences with bolt in (to the body)cages at on road at speed accidents? I would think that a bolt in cage would be worthless in an at speed on road roll over. Are you guys attaching your cages to the frame?
I am far from an expert, but when I get my Bronco trail/road ready I will have a family cage that is welded to the frame (I'll isolate the body with rubber grommets) and seats & 4 way harnesses that are attached to the cage.
I see a lot of "off the shelf" cages that have little to no triangulation. Again, I am far from an expert, but I'm going to triangulate everything I can to the point of squeezing my fata$$ through the bars to get in.

stingus

Loc.
Nashville,
Get a cage. Not sure how far you are away from BC or if you have a local 4x4 shop but either way its a good investment. Even more important for street driving than offroad. I run one on all of mine. Here are my boys in mine.

Great pic! I just showed my wife. We have an 8 month old boy and i can't wait to put him in my EB! Just got my family cage installed.

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
Does anybody have any first hand experience with a high speed (say 30mph or faster) roll over with a bolt to the tub cage? They look marginal for a low speed flop IMHO but I have never rolled a Bronco so that is conjecture.

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of my complete off road family cage.

Attachments

• Picture 253.jpg
    Picture 253.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 77