• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roof height with 37's

chriskent85

Wondering bif anyone has a bronco with 5" of lift with 37" tires that can give me the height of their truck. I thought I found the stock height somewhere and the stock tire size. I then added the difference of the tires and added 5"s.

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Stock height 71.6"
Stock tires 27-28"
New height with lift 76.6"
New height with tires. 81.6".
Is this the correct way to figure out the height?

Digger556

I have 3.5" suspension, 2" body lift and 37" BFG KO2s. (measure 36" unloaded)

With a Rampage softtop, the peak of the soft top is 82". With a hardtop, it would be an inch or 2 lower.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stock height 71.6"
Stock tires 27-28"
New height with lift 76.6"
New height with tires. 81.6".
Is this the correct way to figure out the height?

That would typically be a conservative estimate, noting that the actual result is probably lower due to the squish of the tire, actual tire sizing, etc. I say conservative assuming this question has something to do with the height of a garage door or something, where every inch can count. Of course if that is the case, you can always air down to put it in the garage and you'd be the air-down expert on the trails with how often you'd be doing it.

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Right now I'm at 79" to the top of the door frame. I know it should come down some with the weight of the rest of the interior and rollbars. I was hoping I would still be able to park it in my garage. The opening is only 80" tall though.
IMG_20190409_175812_zpsnoguedis.jpg