• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roof Rack Mounting

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Very nice looking rig.
Making me now want to get tube doors and rock sliders... speaking of, where'd you get those sliders?

Can you post close up pics of the rack and how everything attaches?

Thanks.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Very nice looking rig.
Making me now want to get tube doors and rock sliders... speaking of, where'd you get those sliders?

Can you post close up pics of the rack and how everything attaches?

Thanks.

Thanks, The sliders are Toms. They are not made to stand on but I have built mine to stand on, jump on & launch rockets off!;D

...Here is the link to how I built the rack!! http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167291

....AS far as I know I was the 1st to come up with this idea! I have heard of others wanting to copy the design, which for me is pretty cool!

...The thing works SA-Weet & when put the hard top on all you would see are the c-channels! And I can then add the bike rack back to the hard top!;D

ttkelly

I just picked up a set of Yakima towers off of ebay. No tubes though. I know i'm being lazy, but length are you running on your cross tubes? I think the top is about 58", and yours is exactly what i'd like mine to look like. Might even save some cash and just go buy some galvanized pipe from one of the DIY stores.

thanks!

I am liking the pipe idea... How did it work? Any issues getting it to fit? I am in the market for a rack and this maybe just the route I use...

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
My tubes are 66" long and 1" diameter. Gives me just enough overhang on both sides to look right and have to option to add a spot light or two later.