• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust free original ranger worth?

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
I have an opportunity to buy a rust free 73 ranger with 43k on the odometer
The body is all original no repair or accidents... What is it worth? Runs great no mods at all... Interior seats and dash need replaced... Paint is old and faded. chrome is nice and clean... just needs paint... really a time capsule original caps and vintage white walls. There firm on 18k ... No rust anywhere you can still see paint color on floor pans under the truck... A true barn find

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Something else to consider-if your initial investment is 18k. Even without rust, dents etc.... you can still drop 4-8k in a quality paint job, show quality gets over 10k quickly-are you going to do frame on or off. If complete take down, you or someone is into it for another chunk-$ and or time.....,new wiring, bolts fasteners etc... You said it needed interior.... probably going to need some attention under the hood. $$ + $$ again

So IF you plan to restore it to its proper glory then there is no way I would drop 18k to get started. If you want to freshen what needs attention and drive it unrestored then maybe.

Very cool find anyway. Some other guy from Ga. said post pics. agree

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Check out my garage. Elmer cost us 10,300 @4 yrs ago here in MN. He is a 1970 ranch/delivery wagon-bone stock with only 15k miles. 18k is pretty high for something that needs a complete interior. Just repainting and doing a few uprades/refreshing you would be to 28-30k in a heartbeat. Pics would help us all give better advice.

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Something else to consider-if your initial investment is 18k. Even without rust, dents etc.... you can still drop 4-8k in a quality paint job, show quality gets over 10k quickly-are you going to do frame on or off. If complete take down, you or someone is into it for another chunk-$ and or time.....,new wiring, bolts fasteners etc... You said it needed interior.... probably going to need some attention under the hood. $$ + $$ again

So IF you plan to restore it to its proper glory then there is no way I would drop 18k to get started. If you want to freshen what needs attention and drive it unrestored then maybe.

Very cool find anyway. Some other guy from Ga. said post pics. agree

This is what I've been fighting myself with. I love the fact its all virgin sheet metal... I know its over priced but I'm so tired of looking at bronco's that are 12k and have rust issues or the guy that says rust free and come to find out there not... Or they are rust free and 15k but when you look at the quality of work it looks like a 10 year old did the metal work... I have to renew my membership and I'll post pics...

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Here are some pics

Attachments

• 456451_455078491182102_1853703483_o.jpg
    456451_455078491182102_1853703483_o.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 20130201_113807.jpg
    20130201_113807.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 20130201_113904.jpg
    20130201_113904.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 306
  • 20130201_113831.jpg
    20130201_113831.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 301

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
18k might be high but that is one clean Bronco. The only thing that concerns me when I find one that nice is how often you drive it.

That's always been my problem. I drive a Bronco everyday so a truck like that the miles would pile up and it would no longer be a "low mile" original. If I could afford it, a truck like that would be something I would drive very seldom.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
If you've got the cash, and don't mind spending a bit extra, buy it! I doubt you'll regret it.

On the other hand, if you buy something less expensive and in worse shape, you will probably be cursing yourself every time you uncover hidden rust spot or break a bolt.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
The Bronco has some thin spots in paint but a super dry truck no hints of rust...

isnt the the new in thing, patina. Heck i was watching one of those auction shows and some builders are painting that look onto cars.....

The interior on the other hand looks a little fragile, that might need atention once you strat useing it a bit.

Blue

SP66

Bronco Guru
Here are some pics

Is that one of Melissa's at Bronco Hut? I was working with her ordering some seats last week and she sent me a similar picture of one she is selling. If it's not she has one in that color that looks very nice and she said it's the best driving she's ever owned.

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Yes thats the one... I bought alot of resto parts for my 76 from her.... She's going to put a auto in it for me... It's a 3spd at the moment...

SP66

Bronco Guru
Yes thats the one... I bought alot of resto parts for my 76 from her.... She's going to put a auto in it for me... It's a 3spd at the moment...

Well I would buy it. I like it very much and I trust her as well. I think it's a beautiful bronco. hyghlndr has a beauty as well, always liked that color. Buy a cheaper rig and you have the cost of the rig 5k, are guaranteed to put the money in it any way. easy 2-5k on drivetrain, 5-10 on body and paint, 2k interior, I think it pays to buy one out of the gate you like and can enjoy. Unless you enjoy the resto process and doing it yourself of course. But I think they all cost a lot of money in the end. I also don't think it's a steal at that price especially if your paying to upgrade to the c4 on top of the firm price you quoted. It's priced right if you love it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Well I would buy it. I like it very much and I trust her as well. I think it's a beautiful bronco. hyghlndr has a beauty as well, always liked that color. Buy a cheaper rig and you have the cost of the rig 5k, are guaranteed to put the money in it any way. easy 2-5k on drivetrain, 5-10 on body and paint, 2k interior, I think it pays to buy one out of the gate you like and can enjoy. Unless you enjoy the resto process and doing it yourself of course. But I think they all cost a lot of money in the end. I also don't think it's a steal at that price especially if your paying to upgrade to the c4 on top of the firm price you quoted. It's priced right if you love it.

Im not paying to upgrade it. comes with a rebuilt c4 and column for that price...
I'm real partial to the color very retro.....

SP66

Bronco Guru
Im not paying to upgrade it. comes with a rebuilt c4 and column for that price...
I'm real partial to the color very retro.....

Well with the conversion done and no rust I think it's a very fair price for an original Ranger. Good luck with your decision.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
That truck is clean at least from the pictures, and a vendor as well, so name is important. Plus for that price they are converting it to an auto? See if you can get them to throw in a complete set of seat covers even if you are responsible for install. If I had the cash, I would seriously have to think about it.

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
That truck is clean at least from the pictures, and a vendor as well, so name is important. Plus for that price they are converting it to an auto? See if you can get them to throw in a complete set of seat covers even if you are responsible for install. If I had the cash, I would seriously have to think about it.

I tried that already lol..... I don't have the cash I have to pull from every angle... I told my wife its 14k and emptied my secret reserve.... ;););););)