• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust free original ranger worth?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Mine was bought in NH pretty sure it has a boston DSO. Orginally registered as a 73. I'll have to double check the build date.

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
So, where are the pictures of the rig with the happy new owner?

I decided against it... I bought this 74 from a member on the forum... I really like my new Bronco but found a ton of stuff that it needed... I wish I went with the totally stock 73... So far I've had to rebuild the trans, transfer case, ball joints, tie rods, installed power disc brakes, new quick ratio steering, lots of oil leaks, found some rust but don't we all...and had too rebuild the heater box and core.
Just added an I did it tilt column and roll bar.. Ordered complete new ranger interior... My account is officially drained.. It makes me weak even thinking about it...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• DSC_0337.jpg
    DSC_0337.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0342.jpg
    DSC_0342.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 64

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I decided against it... I bought this 74 from a member on the forum... I really like my new Bronco but found a ton of stuff that it needed... I wish I went with the totally stock 73... So far I've had to rebuild the trans, transfer case, ball joints, tie rods, installed power disc brakes, new quick ratio steering, lots of oil leaks, found some rust but don't we all...and had too rebuild the heater box and core.
Just added an I did it tilt column and roll bar.. Ordered complete new ranger interior... My account is officially drained.. It makes me weak even thinking about it...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hey thats a nice bronco if I could special order a early bronco this is it in a nut shell 1974 was a good year!!!!;D

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru

Ya, that sounds about right LOL. When was the last time the rear wheel bearings were serviced? That's the next PM I need to do before one fails on a road trip.

The first time I drove my '77 after having it delivered...bone stock '77 (even had the 1977 Sipcon Motorcraft plug wires) she was so sloppy I deemed it a road hazard. I was glad that I didn't drive it back from CO, that would have been a nightmare. All new front stuff...BJ's are still tight, but it's a never ending quest, or so it seems. Thankfully the engine has 40psi of oil at 700 rpms when it's hot and 50-60 down the highway.

My wife tells me this is what I wanted, something I could slowly restore and be intimate with it, so no complaining. LOL

I will say your rig looks to have a real nice paint job and a nice stance.

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Ya, that sounds about right LOL. When was the last time the rear wheel bearings were serviced? That's the next PM I need to do before one fails on a road trip.

The first time I drove my '77 after having it delivered...bone stock '77 (even had the 1977 Sipcon Motorcraft plug wires) she was so sloppy I deemed it a road hazard. I was glad that I didn't drive it back from CO, that would have been a nightmare. All new front stuff...BJ's are still tight, but it's a never ending quest, or so it seems. Thankfully the engine has 40psi of oil at 700 rpms when it's hot and 50-60 down the highway.

My wife tells me this is what I wanted, something I could slowly restore and be intimate with it, so no complaining. LOL

I will say your rig looks to have a real nice paint job and a nice stance.

It does sit nice and the paint is a 8 out of ten... I do need the painless dent guy to come over to the house. It's nice paint but the guy didnt do too much prep work. There's some nice door dings and a small dent in the hood. Thanks for reminding me to service the rear wheel bearings... Oh it has 410 gears so I see a swap in the future... I bought it a little more than 2 months ago and have'nt even taking out of the subdivision LOL....

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Some more pics before the recent mods..

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0335.jpg
    DSC_0335.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0320.jpg
    DSC_0320.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0313.jpg
    DSC_0313.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 37

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
It does sit nice and the paint is a 8 out of ten... I do need the painless dent guy to come over to the house. It's nice paint but the guy didnt do too much prep work. There's some nice door dings and a small dent in the hood. Thanks for reminding me to service the rear wheel bearings... Oh it has 410 gears so I see a swap in the future... I bought it a little more than 2 months ago and haven't even taking out of the subdivision LOL....

Man, she's to purty to be all locked up; get some miles on her. Farthest I've been in mine is about 120 miles round trip, all interstate cruising at around 65 mph. Thankfully, the 3.50 gears make that possible.

The only thing I think I'd look at on your rig is getting a power assist for the brakes and upgrading to disc in the front. Along with those rear wheel bearings.

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Man, she's to purty to be all locked up; get some miles on her. Farthest I've been in mine is about 120 miles round trip, all interstate cruising at around 65 mph. Thankfully, the 3.50 gears make that possible.

The only thing I think I'd look at on your rig is getting a power assist for the brakes and upgrading to disc in the front. Along with those rear wheel bearings.

Thats a done deal already....did that a month ago... thanks for the compliments