• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust repair panels check this site

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I got a e-mail from the ecbr today and someone posted this rust repair panel site http://www.rustrepair.com/ They have a lot of Bronco stuff listed. I have never used any of their parts , just passing the site info on to you guys. If anyone buys from them come back to this thread and let us know how the parts and service were.

semprbronc

Loc.
Magnolia, De
Thanks for the site! Do you do body work as a profession? I've gotten the impression from previous posts that you do. Just curious.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Yes , I work in a body shop. It pays well. I wish I didn't have to, it is very unhealthy. I should have listened to my parents and took up computers or something. I paint. I can make shit shine , but can hardly find my way from here to e-bay . It's pretty easy to make a grand a week in a body shop. Thats not getting me rich but beats the heck out of what some people have to do for minimum wage. It's tough putting my daughter through law school ( $26,000 per year ) on body shop wages. Thats why I spend so much time here , I'm too poor to go out ;D

semprbronc

Loc.
Magnolia, De
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=12936;start=0#97147 date=1041711849]<br>Thats why I spend so much time here , I'm too poor to go out ;D<br>[/quote]<br>AMEN!! Maybe that's the answer classicgirl was looking for. ;D Painting and body work, when done right, is an art form IMO. Thanks for the info.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I am not positive if this is the site i bought some broncoII parts from but i think it is, the parts were very low quality, poor steel, dimentions, etc, i would not reccomend them for a restoration, maybe a trail rig they would be fine. As i said before i am not positive this is the site.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2Badrotties is gonna find the ultimate solution for rusty Broncos, patent the process and make millions. Then he will buy a Bronco for all twelve years. No rust , no fuss and we'll all be happy. Wish I could paint. Here in the Southeast we battle that same old rust like in NY and we can use those body parts huh!!! Thanks for the site.

Blue71

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
[quote author=sicaz66 link=board=5;threadid=12936;start=0#97294 date=1041754365]<br>rust? what is that? ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br>It's a color of primer to you. ;D To me it's a fact of life. :'(

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=ken75ranger link=board=5;threadid=12936;start=0#97315 date=1041775498]<br>[quote author=sicaz66 link=board=5;threadid=12936;start=0#97294 date=1041754365]<br>rust? what is that? ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br>It's a color of primer to you. ;D To me it's a fact of life. :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br>Shoot for the longest time I thought Broncos were originally sold with it ;D ;D

penrose_bronco

Loc.
Penrose, Colorado
I just received my first order from this guy and<br>was overcharged on the shipping on one part,<br>about 3 times too much. I sent him an e-mail<br>and will let you guys know what kind of customer<br>service they provide. I sent him an e-mail before<br>receiving the part, because the shipping seemed <br>too high, and he told me it was due to the large <br>package that it shipped in. He was right, the box<br>could have fit two of the parts side by side. I don't<br>think I should have to pay for that! It cost enough<br>trying to restore an older vehicle, without getting<br>gouged for shipping and handling charges. I'm sure<br>that most people on this site can relate to that.<br><br>Thax, Penrose_Bronco

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
You almost always get hit with oversized shipping charges on body parts. It should be about 50 percent higher than normal. I'd rather pay it than do body work on a a new part that was not packed well.

penrose_bronco

Loc.
Penrose, Colorado
This wasn't packed in a large box to protect the part.<br>As a matter of fact, it was loosely packed. <br><br>Anyway, John from Mill Supply responded to my e-mail<br>today and issued a credit for the amount that I was<br>overcharged. <br><br>The quality of the sheet metal seems to be good. With<br>2 early Broncos to restore, I can use a good supplier<br>of sheet metal parts, and will continue to do business<br>with these guys.<br><br>I wish all vendors would figure out how valuable good <br>customer service is to their business.<br><br>Thanks for letting me vent, Penrose_Bronco