• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RyanITV's 73 Build Thread... JBG/TDK Frame Arrived - 2/5

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Hey Ryan, just checking to see if you've made any progress lately? I see you've got your frame now. Keep us posted.

Actually just finished welding the brackets on the new frame tonight! Plan is to POR15 the frame this weekend then start putting it back together. Body is going well, all the detail powdercoating (handles, mirrors, trim) is done.

I need to call DSS tomorrow and figure out what the ETA is on the 347 - I hope to have it in the frame along with the rest of the running gear by the end of the month.

Ryan

blakerj10

Loc.
Gillette
Ryan... Looks great.

Did you spray the Al's on bare metal? Do you plan to top coat the POR 15 on the frame or not?

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Ryan... Looks great.

Did you spray the Al's on bare metal? Do you plan to top coat the POR 15 on the frame or not?

We put the liner over a scuffed epoxy sealer - I figured that would offer the most protection.

For the POR15, we're going to topcoat with their chassis black paint as well. If all goes as planned, the frame comes home Sunday.

Ryan

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Update time! We painted the frame tonight (POR15 + Chassis Black) - looks good. As we were working on the frame, I got pics from the guy doing the body - the liner is done on the interior. I think we're down to sealing the last parts of the body then it's ready for paint as well.

Spoke with DSS this week - the new motor should ship next week. With the frame coming home Sunday, the fun's going to start - time to get this b*tch back together!

Ryan

frame-painted.jpg

int-lined-1.jpg

int-lined-2.jpg

broncojames

Loc.
Smelterville ID
Great job Ryan ill be watching close im hopping to have my bronco off to the media blaster next 10 to 15 days
any chance on a detailed frame build parts and soforth ??

Keep up the great work

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Great job Ryan ill be watching close im hopping to have my bronco off to the media blaster next 10 to 15 days
any chance on a detailed frame build parts and soforth ??

Keep up the great work

I'm probably going to start a new "assembly" thread - I've got the parts list and think it would be cool to list the stuff out. Everything's pretty much new - right down to the inner door hardware.

Tomorrow night I'm going to start drilling/tapping the various mounting holes on the frame for the fuel lines, brake lines and other misc stuff. Goal is to have it back on the tires next weekend!

Ryan

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Snow is mostly gone! :)

Checked on the body today - looks good! Another 1-2 weeks and it'll be time to start in on the paint. The timing may actually work out right so that when I have the chassis done, we can put the painted body back...

Ryan

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Ryan, side subject. Are you making wraps for Broncos yet? Or officially just motorcycles still
Just curious. Thinking of doing some type of wrap on mine, so wanted to ask.

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Officially, it's just bikes and watercraft (starting this spring), but there's no reason you couldn't use the sheets sold for the bikes on an EB... That's what I did to test the matte black concept.

Ryan

Hey Ryan, side subject. Are you making wraps for Broncos yet? Or officially just motorcycles still
Just curious. Thinking of doing some type of wrap on mine, so wanted to ask.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. Might have a need for both types (if I can spring for the bike that is), if I go that way.

Paul