• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sacramento / Reno shops for modifications 1975

Dono

Hello - I'm a new member with a 2022 SAS / BL Bronco that should be delivered any day. I also own a 1975 bronco with my brother that needs some help. My brother and I started an upgrade a few years ago and progress stalled. Looking for recommendations for a shop in Sacramento or Reno that could help finish the project. Looking to do a EFI upgrade, new suspension, rock rails and then repaint the beast. We had the amp gauge short out the electronics but think we've fixed the problem. Would really appreciate your thoughts and / or suggestions on how to get back on track.

Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Dono, welcome!
Bronco italiano is referring to Member 904Bronco here.
But he is in the South Bay area rather than Reno/Sacramento.

There used to be a ton of shops in both locations, though I’m not familiar with any that really specialized and Broncos only, or specialized in doing everything.

Hopefully there are still some around.
Good luck!

OP
OP
D

Dono

Hey Dono, welcome!
Bronco italiano is referring to Member 904Bronco here.
But he is in the South Bay area rather than Reno/Sacramento.

There used to be a ton of shops in both locations, though I’m not familiar with any that really specialized and Broncos only, or specialized in doing everything.

Hopefully there are still some around.
Good luck!
Right on, I certainly can make south Bay Area work! It feels like there are less shops than there used to be. 🤔

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Absolutely! His only “problem“ is that he’s been pretty busy as of late.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have an engine replacement and a rewiring job standing by.
Waiting for a slot at the machinist for the engine rebuild, he keeps telling me "In a few weeks".
It is going to be a bit before I can do anything, and I don't do paint > refer that to Dave Virga (Virga Customs on FB) out of Fair Oaks, Ca.
But I know he is busy as well...

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
904 is well worth the wait. Take your bronco apart for paint while your waiting. 904 doesn't disappoint!!!

OP
OP
D

Dono

I have an engine replacement and a rewiring job standing by.
Waiting for a slot at the machinist for the engine rebuild, he keeps telling me "In a few weeks".
It is going to be a bit before I can do anything, and I don't do paint > refer that to Dave Virga (Virga Customs on FB) out of Fair Oaks, Ca.
But I know he is busy as well...
Awesome. I'll get myself organized and then reach out to discuss! Thank you!

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
Hello - I'm a new member with a 2022 SAS / BL Bronco that should be delivered any day. I also own a 1975 bronco with my brother that needs some help. My brother and I started an upgrade a few years ago and progress stalled. Looking for recommendations for a shop in Sacramento or Reno that could help finish the project. Looking to do a EFI upgrade, new suspension, rock rails and then repaint the beast. We had the amp gauge short out the electronics but think we've fixed the problem. Would really appreciate your thoughts and / or suggestions on how to get back on track.

Thanks
I first read this and thought...FINALLY, someone has done a Solid Axle Swap (SAS) and a Body Lift (BL) on a 2022 Bronco.

Then I read that it was going to be delivered. I assumed that meant that the shop that built it had completed the SAS, and there would finally be a 2022 Bronco that I could own.

(...Then I was hopeful that someone would post how to get the correct ABS tone ring signals to the PCM. )

Then I figured out that SAS might be some oblique reference to a mythical native american "hairy man" that roams the Pacific Northwest. and BL might have something to do with Badlands National Park in New Mexico.

I've gotta learn some new lingo...