• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SaddleUp Soft top

Have you paid for the soft top

• I paid in Full

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I paid a deposit

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • On waiting list - No money paid

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Paid and received my top

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Wanted a top from Rick and now holding off

Votes: 99 82.5%

• Total voters

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
There are two that I use and I have met them both...........Jim Cole and Jim Creel. I don't buy too much off of e-bay and when I do I follow up.

So you're still sore about the Rookies getting spanked?

here's something to asuage your anguish:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ

First off, intelligent comeback. You never answered anything regarding my post nor have you done so to anyone else's for that matter. As for your immature baseball analogy, I forgot who you were until you brought that up and now I know that I really shouldn't get into an arguement with an unarmed person. Take a little bit of advice from Mark Twain....

"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and let others think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Last edited:

welndmn

Bronco Guru
If you have paid in full or a deposit, I would get on the phone with Rick ASAP.

When I told him there were 8 paid in Full and 3 deposits, he said the actual number was much less than that.(No number given) Then again, he did not even have me on the list, or have a record of the color/windows after receiving a 50% deposit early September.

Jeff

Did you advise him of these threads?

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA

When I told him there were 8 paid in Full and 3 deposits, he said the actual number was much less than that.(No number given) Then again, he did not even have me on the list, or have a record of the color/windows after receiving a 50% deposit early September.

Jeff

I spoke with him last week when all of this was beginning to brew. It was a similar conversation that you had in the sense that he did not appear to have an immediate record of my order. After some additional conversation he did "remember" the order. I have since forwarded him the Paypal invoice/receipt I received to "remind" him.

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS

Jeff

Again, he could not return my money because he had already purchased all the parts, but he had no record of receiving my money or the color of the top.

SOB Auction - I don't know if he actioned the actual top he had on his Bronco, but he tried to sell that one to me yesterday.

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Can I get the names "handles" of those of us that have paid in full or put a depost down? Seven have paid in full and 3 of us have paid a deposit (I'm in the deposit bucket) according to the survey You can PM me or post here either way.

I would like to propose a con call tomorrow or Thursday with those of us in the "potentially screwed group" At the end of the day we are the ones that stand the most to lose. I know some of you still have parts paid for and owed to you. I'm not trying to overlook that, just trying to keep it focused on one thing at a time.

I don't know that we will solve anything or not, but it's worth a discussion.

thoughts?

So far, I have PM's from:

Bax
Gearida
Bighorn

from the thread I have the following folks:

jcwalsh1
jkransbottom

Who are the others that haven't replied. If you haven't already, PM me with your contact info including email. Once we have a forum, I would like us to get on the phone discuss our situation then try approach Rick for a reasonable resolution and communication plan.

thanks,
Renard

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
OK, the personal bickering between everyone isn't helping solve this problem, so please stop. Posts will be deleted if needed to keep on topic.

I'd also like to be copied on the info that RnrdTheFox has asked for. So for those who have given SaddleUp money and not received anything yet please PM me the following:

Name, email, phone number, date you ordered, date you were promised delivery, how much money you've paid and last contact you had w/ Rick.

Thanks.

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
A quick status thus far....

I've collected information from the following folks:

Rnrdthefox
fish
jcwalsh1
JKreig70
Bighorn
gearida
Bax

I'm still waiting to hear from jkransbottom for his information. PM sent.

I don't know who the other 3 who voted are. I've asked Admin for that info if he has it and will give it to me.

Tomorrow, I'll email everyone that I have emails for and try to setup a con call for an initial discussion. Stay tuned.

thanks,
Renard

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Just talked to Rick

He said he was working on 5 tops right now. One of which he was trying to ship by next week. I asked if this was for Bax and he said yes. The other four are in different statges; mostly the frames are done and he is starting the fabric work. He estimated those would be in the Jan time frame.

I told him that the biggest issue was the lack of communication. I told him that people would be much more flexible if he would only communicate more. He said that he had spoken with Bighorn, and others recently.

He also stated that he had issues recently with his email and said it was up and running again. He asked that people either call him or email him directly with questions. I reminded him that people have and that was part of the problem, that I myself had no response to multiple emails. I asked him to respond via the forum and he was unwilling to do that.

Thats it for now.

Renard

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Ok, I have 10 people accounted for of the 12 who have paid in full or put a deposit down. Still looking for 2 other people.

Rick mentioned someone by the name of Clint Warner that wasn't on my list? Anyone know him and what his alias is?

I will be sending out an email to everyone that I have in my list including Admin here in a bit. Everyone can see their ranking as to date paid.

Renard

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
That brings up another point: Is it uncool to copy or even come close to coping someone's design. Ripping off a venders design? Would the bronco community stand for this?

In some cases I'd have an issue with a vendor ripping off another vendor's design, but it's not like this top was a cutting edge design. It looked and functioned almost exactly like the Canback tops that are no longer available. I would have no problems with someone else making a carbon copy of this. Especially considering how this whole deal has gone down.

Sorry about your guys' luck. I too wanted one of these tops very badly and was planning on getting one, but like so many others, pulled back on that idea once I saw how long the initial order of 10 were taking to be produced and delivered.

As said before, this makes me appreciate the legitimate Bronco vendors even more. A good product means nothing without good customer service and some of the vendors we deal with are a class act in that respect.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
looks like these guys are getting there stuff, and some not.
FJ40 tops

and please everyone i am not bashing him or supporting him, just found some info on the web that some might want to see
thanks

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
he has fires burning everywhere. sounds like the natives are restless over there also. makes you wonder how many tops he owes total to everyone that has placed orders on "ALL" websites. i didnt know he was even making tops for the yota owners too.

fish

Ricks top

If some of you FJ guys are jumping on here from the link above, some of us have been waiting over a year for our tops. Read the earlier posts.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I went to the FJ site. They are just now starting to figure it out. Mostly just trail tops but they are having fitment problems.