• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saginaw p/s pump question, can I cap an extra line?

broncoP

Contributor
I've got a saginaw pump that was used with hydroboost. Now, the truck has stock power brakes and I have an extra line. I was going to just cap the extra line, the top one, believe it's just a return line, no pressure? I had a plastic plug in there with hose clamp and it wasn't quite tight enough, little bit of fluid would leak out. I just put a larger bolt in with clamp, fired it up, no leaks, but it would squeal and pulley would actually stop for a sec when trying to turn wheel. Can I not plug this line?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Plug the line with a bolt or use a tee and turn it back in on itself. I agree, the squealing has nothing to do with capping off a return. It's a low/no pressure port.

Action

Thghten the belt

If the pulley stopped spinning you need to tighten the belt. They need to be pretty darn tight.
Jack