• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

saying goodbye to this one

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
What year is the rig? Is that a 66 Grill?

1968. the grill had been changed at one time. The bronco was in a front end crash at one time. lots of stuff to have fun moving back into place. The grill is one with the big marker lights but I put small ones in it like a 68 should have.

gebraic

It has a bestop correct? What are your thoughts on it? It looks kinda loose.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It has a bestop correct? What are your thoughts on it? It looks kinda loose.

I personally dont think there is a great soft top being made for an EB right now. I was not impressed with the best top but it's better than some. I think it looks loose too but it is as tight as it will go.

gebraic

I personally dont think there is a great soft top being made for an EB right now. I was not impressed with the best top but it's better than some. I think it looks loose too but it is as tight as it will go.

Thanks for the info, awesome build!

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Nice work Bax! What are you thinking on your next project?

Well Lane you sold it!!!! I was trying to get done but I just finished a week too late. I know you and I talked about it when I was in GA. but money talks and I had to keep quite. Not sure what is next. The racier has a broke front end. i will fix that and perhaps a rewire is in order. Some better sheet-metal, a good floor, a few added bars and mount the fiberglass panels. I thin that will be a good start while I look for something. I may build my wife a nice street roadster. even if its not a u13

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry about that, but it was time for it to go. Festus is getting some new parts if it makes you feel better. LOL.

Sounds like you got plenty to do. Get the racer fixed, the Albany ride will be here before you know it.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Well Lane you sold it!!!!

No bax, I sold it for Lane, he just doesn't want to pay me the commission!!!%)%)

I may need to buy a Roadster and let you finish it!!! You did a great job on that green rig!!! Congrats!!
See ya';D;D;D

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
She is gone and paid for. Whoo Hoo. the owner absolutely loved it. He looked all over it, crawled under it, looked under the hood. Took it for a drive. Came back with a huge smile on his face. About this time his wife and 13 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter pulled up. The kids hopped out of the car and ran to the bronco. The boy turned to his dad and shouted "It's ausome Dad" Big high five and turned and jumped in the truck. "Take us for a ride Dad!" They were gone for about 20 min. as I put the straps and ramps away. They all had big smiles on their faces when they pulled up. The owner parked it, got out and shook my hand, thanked me, and told me it's better than he ever dreamed it would be. I drove away feeling really good. So close the book on this one. Time to find another.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
What about BC Bronco's :eek:

Really nice work Bax!

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great looking build Bax! You and Ben can come get a couple of mine to build

bosshoff

Contributor
Post some more pictures of the dash/cage area. I always like seeing how guys tie the cage through the dash. Did you take the cage hoop to the frame?

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Post some more pictures of the dash/cage area. I always like seeing how guys tie the cage through the dash. Did you take the cage hoop to the frame?

yes I did, the front pillar goes to the frame.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. Great Job Bax..I even looked back to see if the guy lived in Roswell NM. WITH THAT GREEN
.. Where did the wooden dash come from.