• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scissor Jack

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've always packed a bottle jack in my Bronco.
Anyone use a scissor jack from a newer pickup in their EB?
If so, where do you store it?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used to use a big old scissor jack from the old Buick. Used to keep it behind the back seat with all my tools.
Originally kept it under the backseat. But then I put my Duffy’s storage box under there, and I don’t think it fit.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
In Patch I kept it's OEM mechanical bottle jack because it worked upside-down and backwards if I needed it to. Same reason that the mechanical bottle jack that came with the FSB is still there.
For more serious lifting I've been carrying a small floor jack that I removed the wheels from, and made a skid-plate for. I'm in the middle of replacing that now 24-ish years old HF jack with a similar sized Craftsman.

When it was all new:
i-JN4q576-M.jpg

In place on the carrying bracket (with no swingers under that '79 Suburban was the only place that I could find to put it):
i-rRM5Xv5-M.jpg

24-ish years later, looking pretty sad on the rear of the FSB:
i-dTLLPqM-M.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
.94 OR

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In Patch I kept it's OEM mechanical bottle jack because it worked upside-down and backwards if I needed it to. Same reason that the mechanical bottle jack that came with the FSB is still there.
For more serious lifting I've been carrying a small floor jack that I removed the wheels from, and made a skid-plate for. I'm in the middle of replacing that now 24-ish years old HF jack with a similar sized Craftsman.

When it was all new:

In place on the carrying bracket (with no swingers under that '79 Suburban was the only place that I could find to put it):

24-ish years later, looking pretty sad on the rear of the FSB:
Mine likely won't see the off-road conditions yours does. Just looking for a tire changing jack option.

Contributor
A popular option is the bottle jack from super duty trucks. It’s a mechanical bottle jack and quite compact. It should easily lift an EB!

Contributor
From what I’ve seen and could be wrong, they are the same from 1999 to now. I’d try and get a newer one though but that’s just me.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
From what I’ve seen and could be wrong, they are the same from 1999 to now. I’d try and get a newer one though but that’s just me.
This is the one you want. It’s for an f350 dually. From the 90’s- current. It’s a 2 stage, so it goes from short to tall. I recently posted pics of the collapsed and extended heights, not sure what I did with them. But it’s like 8”-17”. I buy them off eBay

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 18

JSBX

Contributor
I have a couple scissor jacks that I use. I welded on old 1/2" drive impact socket where the handle goes so, I can use an impact wrench. They work great for spreading things apart also. As long as you are on flat ground, they work great for lifting a Bronco just make sure you get one big enough to handle the weight.