• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seafoam?

BroncoRunner

Loc.
SE Michigan
I've put a splash in each sparkplug hole on an engine that was sitting for a year to help free it up. Within two days it broke everything down and the engine turned over freely.

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
I swear by it. When I had to replace the lower intake gasket and timing chain on my mother-in-laws 1999 Ford Explorer, about 4 years ago, was the first time I used it. After I did the work, I poured a can in her tank, as well as pulled a vacuum hose and let the engine suck it in. It was smokey, but I was astonished at how well the engine started sounding in just a minute or so.
I also put some in my 1999 Honda Accord about the same time, and noticed signifigant differences.
When I pulled my '69 EB home (with 5.0 EFI) I changed the fuel filters and dumped a can in to the tank. Again, within about 5 minutes there was signifigant improvement in the idle of the engine. I also sucked some in the vacuum hoses recently.

If you have EFI, and O2 sensors, expect those to need replacement immediately or soon after you run SeaFoam through the engine. If you need to run seafoam, you probably need new O2 sensors anyways.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
anyone have a pic of what it looks like? never heard of it before.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
They swear by this stuff on my motorcylce forum. I tried it in my bike and didn't notice any improvements. Have not had the need to try it in my Bronco.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had a distributer that was frozen too tight to move without busting it off. I shot some Seafoam around the base and let it set overnight. The next morning I was able to twist it and remove it by hand. I nkow my relitives back in Michigan swear by it and use it to winterize their outboard motors.