• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sealing NPT fuel fittings

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'll be getting to dropping my Tanks Inc PA-2 in my NWMP tank here soon. The Gasolia tip is great timing. What did everyone end up using on the Viton Seal then? Gasolia on the threads, what to use on the seal itself?

The Tanks Inc tech told me to install it dry.

I couldn't help myself :). I put a very thin coating of hylomar on either side of the gasket before I installed it. Filled it up twice so far - no leaks this time!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I'll be getting to dropping my Tanks Inc PA-2 in my NWMP tank here soon. The Gasolia tip is great timing. What did everyone end up using on the Viton Seal then? Gasolia on the threads, what to use on the seal itself?

I used high tack for my Viton seal. It’s a nice gasket. You’d probably be good with that, what Todd used or dry.

Todd I’m glad you got through it! Hopefully I’ll meet you at the Stampede in March. We’re going Friday and Saturday, hopefully with a bunch of Tucson Bronco buddies ;D