• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

seat covers

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Ok got started on the seat covers they are not completed buy I wanted you show you guys the progress. The tan seats are Rusty's LOL I'm not sure of his handle on here any more, you looking Rusty? Seeming that these are going to take 5 yards of fabric to complete I would of never thought even after measuring. Please remember that either one of these covers are finished or hog ringed on they are just sitting on the seats. Ok let me know what you think. ;D Thanks

Angie

Attachments

• black and blue bronco seat 1.jpg
    black and blue bronco seat 1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 35
  • black and blue bronco seat.jpg
    black and blue bronco seat.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 47
  • rusty's seat.jpg
    rusty's seat.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 45
  • rusty's seat 1.jpg
    rusty's seat 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 37

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Wow, those look outstanding! Any idea on a price? Will customers be able to customer order the colors and piping?

Can't wait for the red/maroon 74 interior color!!!

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Really nice! I am contemplating keeping my stock seats if I can figure out how to make them safer and of course get the color that I want. These just might fit the bill for color.

Ben

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Here is a shot of my seats when I bought the rig. whatcha think Chopper?

Attachments

• interior shot of new 75 bronco (640 x 480).jpg
    interior shot of new 75 bronco (640 x 480).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 75

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Truthfully, both seats covers are actually in very good condition but the drivers has a seam that is split open. Anybody, now if that kinda thing can be re-sewn? Would save me a bundle over buying new covers for awhile.

Ben

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi MP, Still not sure on the price as yet, however I do know how much fabric so thats a start now just my time is the next. Prices will depend on how custom someone wants their seats also. Lots of things to consider on prices. As far as colours, yup you can order what ever colour combination you would like I believe there are about 200 different colours to choose from with the automotive upholstery supplier, he says there will be more coming :cool: LOL
Angie

Wow, those look outstanding! Any idea on a price? Will customers be able to customer order the colors and piping?

Can't wait for the red/maroon 74 interior color!!![/QUOTE]

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi Ben, If its just a seam that has come loose then I say yes it can be sewn, the hardest part is taking the seat cover off, and re-installing it again. If they are in good shape and you like them then I agree to just having them fixed. If you can't find anyone to repair it let me know, I know its a pain shipping but if thats your only alternative let me know. Seats look good btw. Can't wait til Casey and I get our Bronco LOL......be fun trying to decide what to do inside. Outside well..........

Angie

Truthfully, both seats covers are actually in very good condition but the drivers has a seam that is split open. Anybody, now if that kinda thing can be re-sewn? Would save me a bundle over buying new covers for awhile.

Ben[/QUOTE]

jwh

The seat covers look really nice. Just let us know when we can order;D ;D
Will it be possible to get cloth where the pleated vinyl is in the pics?

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Yes, the seat covers can be made with cloth however you would like them made, sure will let everyone know ;)

]The seat covers look really nice. Just let us know when we can order;D ;D
Will it be possible to get cloth where the pleated vinyl is in the pics?[/QUOTE]

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
WOW!! those look really good. We need to hurry up and plan our next NW meet & greet, so we (in the Pacific Northwest) can have a first hand look. I am leaning toward refurbishing the stock seats, so this could not come at a better time. Have you been able to do the rear yet?

Shawn

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi Shawn, Yeah that would be cool we really enjoyed the last meet. Need more time to get ready for one though LOL. I haven't gotten around to the back seat yet I've been doing my other work inbetween trying to get these seat covers done. The backs are pretty basic though don't think there will be any probs with them kinda like a longer ottoman or stool :) I'll post more pics as the covers progress.
Angie

brian72

Early Bronco Student
another source of covers is really good. Keep us updated

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi 68 sport, Best if you remove the old covers but you could put them over if you like they would look nicer fitted over the foam.

]will these fit over the existing seat material, or will the old stuff need to be removed and these go it their place?[/QUOTE]

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Angie, those covers looks great. The blue accent is fantastic. I have a question for you. I'd like some waterproof seat covers. Could you make something like that? My seats are not stock, I'm sure I would have to measure. I'm looking for something that would just slip over the existing seats. I also don't want anything fancy, just something to keep the water out. Let me know if you have the time and inclination for something of that nature. You are very talented. I've found some neoprene covers at JC Whitney, but I'm not all that enthused by them. Thanks!

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Loc.
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi 4x4babygirl, Did you want these covers to fit tight or something to throw over when the truck sits? Unless I know what type of seats it would be tough for me to find something to fit it too. Unless one of my own cars have similar seats, a Honda civic and a Trans Am, either of these similar types of seats. I'd be into it if you want to pm me with the details that would be great. Thanks

Angie