• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seat Recovering and Upholstery

Davesbronco

Loc.
Adairsville, GA
Does anyone know of an individual or place in the southeast (near or in Georgia) that does re-upholstry of the bronco front and rear seats? Or someone interested in having a few cold ones while they show me the tricks to covering them?

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
seats

If your going to do them yourself, and have your old seats. Take old seats apart and use them as a pattern- cut out and resew. That's what Better half did with mine look great.:-X

Bronco Brett

Loc.
little rock ar
are U getting replacement covers? They are pretty easy start at the center work out crimping hog rings stretch and pull tight. (they need to be warm) hair dryer, heat gun.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
put 'em in direct sunlight in the middle of the summer for a few hours, and they aren't that bad. when I re-do mine, I'm going to get a kit from a Mustang vendor, that increases the side/thigh bolsters. I'm not sure, if that's available for low back buckets though.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is a guy on eBay that sews them and sells them pretty reasonable. There was a thread about his seat covers just a month or so ago?

OP
OP
Davesbronco

Davesbronco

Loc.
Adairsville, GA
Yeah I will need replacement covers and foam. About the only thing any good on these seats is the frame. Yep a full frame of resto. LOL.

OP
OP
Davesbronco

Davesbronco

Loc.
Adairsville, GA
After reading, I think I will do the heaters with the new foam and covers. That will go over big with the dough beater. She'll love'em.

Brian B

Me and a buddy did my front seats. I bought replacements from one of the Bronco vendors. It wasn't easy but they turned out really good. Make certain you have a set of hog ring pleirs. I think I may still have a bottom seat cushion somewhere I could donate if I can find it.

duganfife

I redid my seats in the living room of my apartment and it was not bad at all. I used the kit from toms bronco and the foam as well. The first seat took me about three hours.....then I decided to go get the crimping tools and the other two only took about 45 min a piece. by the way taking apart the old seats VERRY VERRY messy......do not do in the living room if you do not want to hear about it from the ball and chain for the next week.

DCarter001

Loc.
Baxley, GA
There is an upholstery shop in Brunswick that does a lot of work on our restorations. He is not Bronco specific, but very good. If you think it's not too far for you, I'll get his name and number from my dad this weekend.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
Rear foam can be cut from pieces available from sewing and fabric stores. The foam will conform to the shape of upholstery. It doesnt have to be perfect, just slightly oversize.