• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Secondary hood latch that doesn't interfere

kkelly10

Contributor
Hey guys, so I made some cuts on the core support and pushed the radiator and a condenser out farther forward than stock. I needed to do this to clear the front pulley system. Because of this I couldn't use the stock hood release mechanism, so I put a BCB remote one for the primary. My problem is how to handle the secondary hood release. The rear facing hook will impact the condenser so I need one that points toward the passenger side. Any ideas? IMG_5544.jpeg IMG_5545.jpeg IMG_5546.jpeg

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don’t have any answers or suggestions for you. But back to the top to hopefully get some more reviews.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I dont know of another idea. I moved mine forward all the way so it would clear the rad. You may have to put a small plate over the back side of the hole in the core support and move the latch way forward.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That’s a great idea! Hope it works for the OP.
Have you done it that way yourself?

You the traditional fix for modifying a core support and latch area is to simply use hood pins. Not my favorite idea, but maybe it is still one potential option.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I modified a hood latch off a Ford Taurus works well my 77 and my 76 bronco ., I drilled out the holes slightly so it would mount to the hood I modify the lever a little bit. I guess the hard part was the plate with a slot in it in the radiator support. The reason I did this was lever hitting the condenser

Attachments

• IMG_9451.png
    IMG_9451.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9450.png
    IMG_9450.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9449.jpeg
    IMG_9449.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9448.jpeg
    IMG_9448.jpeg