• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2nd dairy.. secondary.. heaters . Whose got one .

No Hay

Bronco Guru
If it's only one trip a year, what about temp wiring seat heaters just sitting on the seats, or under a cheap seat cover, then take them off?

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Yes one trip a year for me . He drives it daily but it's in his garage at night ..
But on out trip we need the defroster . We have lots of layering clothing on & our bodys are mostly warm unless it's 0 too maybe 15 & we're trying to unroll the windows to hunt. But if we have the heater on we normally survive with a few ups & downs . Or close off the window on the side the wind is blowing into .
....... But I'm thinking that little Mojave would do the trick.
.... AFTER Writing all that .. Will the Mojave fit under the dash of our Broncos with the org heater still in place.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri

Attachments

• heater.png
    heater.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 13

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Trying not to be too blunt here but "heat in = heat out" when a heater is working properly & set up properly.

It's simple.

If you don't have hot/warm water entering the heater core, you won't have warm air exiting it. IR temp guns are cheap to determine this.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put seat heaters in my company work truck. I have 600 denier fabric on the roll so I made a sandwich for each panel then placed them under the seat cover and wired in with supplied loom. Works awesome, especially for $60.

When I drove my Bronco in Idaho winters, I had some plastic cardboard for the radiator cover. Worked awesome and wouldn't sog out.

Attachments

• IMG_2639.jpg
    IMG_2639.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.94 OR .
mY hUNTING bUDDY HAS SOME POLITICAL signs left over from ..About 25 years in the pubic eye..SO He said the other day . WE can take them & cut them into radiator supports items .
He says he's retiring but I dough it. & If he does he'll just do more at his church .

But I'm like you I believe those plastic sign pieces will work very well.
What do you cut yours with.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sharp utility knife, table saw, chainsaw. Whatever is handy.