• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

selling/sold my bronco, somebody tried to scam me!

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
HELLO,
I AM VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN YOUR POSTED ( 1975 Bronco )FOR
SALE, I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH THE LAST
OFFERING PRICE AND PICS, AS FOR THE SHIPPING IT WILL
BE TAKEN CARE OF. PLS DO GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS
POSIBLE SO PAYMENT CAN BE MADE OUT TO YOU VIA
CASHIER'S CHECK, YOUR QUICK RESPONSE WILL BE NEEDED
BEST REAGRDS,

the bronco was already sold for 6-7k. i told him i would take 10k, this is his response;

Hello,
Thanks for your mail, well i am okay with the price
and will want payment to be asap, i will go about
payment by instructing my client in the states to
issue you a certified bank check of ($16,000) and this
should take care of all expences in this transaction,
what you will do once you have recieved it ,is to cash
it, deduct your own money($10,000) and the wiring
charges and wire the balance to my international
shipping agent through western union transfer, once he
recieves the balance will come over to your location
the very next day for pick up, now the money wired to
the shipper is his fees for his services,
transportation to your location and back to me, also
for all charges that may arise along this transaction
cos i will want the good to be delivered to me safe
and sound without problems, i shall send you my
shipper address as soon as i contact him, all i need
of you now is to mail me your full name and contact
address as well as phone number so that i can forward
it to my client who will issue out payment on my
behalf to you the, let me know asap if you are still
intrested so that we could seal this transaction on
time.
Regards

he emailed me wanting a name and mailing address, heres what i sent him;

Great doing business with you and you will really enjoy my truck.

my info;

Rob A. Hitler

5052 Peabody Rd.

Va Beach, Va 23454

1-757-911-6255

naturally name is not me or address or phone number. had he called me he would have gotten 911.

hadn't been on the email much so he sent me a bunch of emails waiting for contact.

Hi man...just want to know may be you have receive the payment check cos have been xpecting you to email since that you have receive it yet you have not respond...so i'll want you to pls email me so i can know what is going on....waiitng to read from you

best regards

Greyhams Bart

i responded;

i got the check and cashed it at a local check cashing
> place. i'm sorry but came into some money problems and
> spent all the money. if you still want to buy my truck,
> send another truck.
>
> tks again

told him to send another truck, meant check. his response;

Thanks for your mail but i wonder the mail be sent to me and i was not understand
yet...if i dont made a mistake you got my check and cahsed the money and you spent all
the money including the balance that i told you to send to my agent huh?well i"ll
want you to pls get the balance now and send it to my agent cos have told you at the
initial stage that i dont want this transaction to be delay so i"ll want you to get
back to me on time so that i can give you my agent detail where you"ll have to send
the balance to and my truck should please be on other so when my agent come to you
it"ll not be a stress to him ok....waiting to read from you
best regards
greyhams bart

i responded;

i really apologize, but i've spent all the money
> already. there is nothing left to send you back. you can
> pick up the truck anytime from my home. let me know when
> you want to come pick it up.

his last response;

topic;
i"ll report to authority ok

message;
hello...i"ll like you to understand that we did not talk it these way why will
you spend all the money?including my agent fund how will you want him to ship the good
from you? do you want to hold my money? and not release the good i paid for huh?when
i"ll like you to be aware that am going to inform(FBI)to involved in these issue cos
i dont really know what you mean ok...waiting to read from you
regards
Greyhams Bart

well i guess good ole Greyhams is upset now, how should i respond back!

Rumpfy

Loc.
San Jose, Ca.
Ask him where you should send the refund and tell him to wait by the mail box until it gets there.

Pathetic scam attempt. %)

MattyB4x4

hahaha you're doin great so far! I say try to play dumb, ask who this "fbi" is that he is speaking of...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I don't know but that's funny stuff;D you could say you can contact the FBI for him;D

theshadow

wow....the really lame thing is that this exact scam must be working with other people or we wouldnt be seeing it over and over on this sight

tejayandtina

Is it only me that when I read the scammers emails, in my head I heard it with a really bad english accent? Very funny.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Send him a number to an FBI office and other related places of authority. Better yet, tell him you sent him a different name and address and that there is no way to trace any of it back to you now.

OP
OP
J

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
Send him a number to an FBI office and other related places of authority. Better yet, tell him you sent him a different name and address and that there is no way to trace any of it back to you now.

i was thinking he would notice the name i gave was Rob A. Hitler:-X but i guess not. hope that doesn't offend anyone, i was just messing around.

not sure how i'll respond back to him yet.

theshadow

i was thinking he would notice the name i gave was Rob A. Hitler:-X but i guess not. hope that doesn't offend anyone, i was just messing around.

not sure how i'll respond back to him yet.

HAHA!!! I totally didnt catch that!!

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I got the exact same initial contact e-mail when I was selling a 5.0 + AOD on Craig's List. My reply was: show up with cash & it's yours or, if that's not possible, send me a certified check for $5,000.00 US and I'll ship it out myself as time allows. Never got any further than that.....You're doing a good thing pulling his chain IMO.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Way cool man. I'd like to get a PO box to have stuff like that sent to. Get the check and turn it over to the bank along with the account information to send the "extra" money to. Let the feds deal with it.

Back when everyone was phishing for account information I created a bogus account. I'll bet I typed "Richard A. Skinner's'" information 100 times over the years. I've checked to see if he actually came into existance.

prplhaz72

I think you should tell him you need $2000 more to get it sent to him and see what he says.