• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

selling/sold my bronco, somebody tried to scam me!

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Tell him that you have dropped the vehicle off at the local FBI office, per his instructions and that it will be waiting there until his Agent can pick it up. You can even give him the address of the closests FBI field office..etc.

Then of course...nice doin' business with ya!

lol

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
I've been friends with more than a few Jamacians, and I can absolutely say they don't ALL speak proper Queen's English!;D

But they can (the island's first language is English). Don't confuse the accent (most do) and the use of Patois with not being able to speak English :) Not nitpicking, just very deeply tied to Jamdown and lots of friends there and here in the States.

Nice threadjack, huh? :-X

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
The FBI internet crime site.
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The scam they use is to send a fake "certified" check, that of course bounces 2 weeks after you cash it and send him the balance. Tell him you are very sorry and you have another truck you can sell him instead, but it costs a little more. It's a special matchbox bronco and its his for $6000, and you will deduct the extra $5k you kept before.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
The FBI internet crime site.
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The scam they use is to send a fake "certified" check, that of course bounces 2 weeks after you cash it and send him the balance. Tell him you are very sorry and you have another truck you can sell him instead, but it costs a little more. It's a special matchbox bronco and its his for $6000, and you will deduct the extra $5k you kept before.

Take a pic of a Johnny Lightning and tell him it's a real bronco waiting to be shipped.........;D

(I heard an Indian accent)

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
A month or so back someone posted a pic of their bronco at the police station parked next to a couple cop cars. If you can find that pic, e-mail it to him and tell him it can be picked up there.

Boss351

Loc.
Foxboro
Thats funny sh?t right there I don't care who you are. Give him a 1 900 phone a friend # with some " HOT JOHNSON" waiting for him.That would be real funny.