• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

serpentine set up ques.

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
I have all the stuff off an 88 Mustang to do the Serpentine set up on my stock 302.

1. What water pump do I need to purchase to make this work? Part number would be good. I would like to just buy one from the parts store and use the one off the mustang as a trade in.

2. Anyone know if there is a sagana pump (the canned ham) style that will fit directly to the serpentine style braket off the mustang system?

3. Has anyone purchased BC broncos crank pulley abdapter to fit the serpentine pulley to the stock 302 hermonic balancer?

4. Any ideas on how many cc's the sanden compressor is compared to the 10 cc York compressor I am currently using for on board air?

Thanks for any help...

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Canned ham will NOT work. I had one & replaced it. Go to Broncohio.com & look at their tech article. It has the NAPA part number you need to fit that style bracket. The fluid rating is the same as the Saginaw.

cheers!

MnkyBiz

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
If everything you are using is Mustang why not just keep it all that way and go down and get a new Mustang water pump. That way you know all the pulleys are going to line up. I guess it could also depend on whether you are going to go with the reverse rotation like the Mustang was or try and keep it like your 302 cooling system and go with BC's bi-directional pump.

lodnirgs

Loc.
Louisiana
BJack, I have a 90 Mustang HO that I am assembling for my 76 Bronco. Use the stock Mustang water pump. I was at the salvage yard and came across a 91 Ford full size passenger van with a 5.8 engine and with a saginaw pump with the serpentine belt. I pulled it and luckily it fits the 5.0 engine. It will replace the two Mustang brackets on the driver's side. I will be using a Saginaw pump to power P/S and a Hydroboost brake system. The 5.8 bracket also has a platform for the A/C compressor where with some fabrication I will install York Air compressor. Good Luck, Lodnirgs

66horse

Bronco Guru
Waylon, Sorry I havent called oyu back on this but I cant find my cell phone and that is the onlyplace I have your number.

Anyway, these guys are right, you want the stock mustang pump for the setup you re using.

If you need help on the lower radiator hose, Matt has what you need, borrown and get a copy made.

Steve

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
blackjack said:
I have all the stuff off an 88 Mustang to do the Serpentine set up on my stock 302.

1. What water pump do I need to purchase to make this work? Part number would be good. I would like to just buy one from the parts store and use the one off the mustang as a trade in.

2. Anyone know if there is a sagana pump (the canned ham) style that will fit directly to the serpentine style braket off the mustang system?

3. Has anyone purchased BC broncos crank pulley abdapter to fit the serpentine pulley to the stock 302 hermonic balancer?

4. Any ideas on how many cc's the sanden compressor is compared to the 10 cc York compressor I am currently using for on board air?

Thanks for any help...

1) You have 2 choices, Chuck's bidirectional pump or the mustang pump
2) You can do the Napa pump, but not a canned ham
Tom

OP
OP
blackjack

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
econoline van

lodnirgs you are right.

I was at the junk yards on Saturday found a 89 econoline van 150 with the saganaw pump with serpentine set up. The left hand (passenger side) is the same thing as the mustang set up. The right hand (drivers side) is different. It looked like it was a one peice bracket that mounts the Saganaw pump and the saden compressor. Warning the only difference is the Sadan compressor has different mounting places. So the stock mustang sandan will not work in the econoline bracket. It requires a different style Sandan compressor.

I decided to try an make my own bracket that will fit the saganaw pump in the Mustang set up with the Mustang Sandan pump above since i alread have the peices.

Thanks guys.

;D

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
blackjack said:
lodnirgs you are right.

I decided to try an make my own bracket that will fit the saganaw pump in the Mustang set up with the Mustang Sandan pump above since i alread have the peices.

Thanks guys.

;D

Wild Horses will have such a bracket as you mention in production very soon, if they don't already. Allows you to easily mount a regular canned ham pump in the Mustang serpentine setup. Very slick/very nice piece. I'd contact them for availability if you're interested.

Todd Z.