• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SF Bay Area meet:Update Confirmed Date & Time!

Mark@Wildhorses

http://www.milvehtechfound.com/index.html

"GREAT NEWS!!!! Update as of 8/21/08 12:21pm:

OK, forgive this novice on getting groups together. I just got an email from Paul's friend, it looks like he's got a date of Saturday October 11th. So that's all good for a weekend.
I also was wrong on "how many" could go, groups of 10 to 30 max can go. So that being said, how many individual along with one guest will want to go?? That way, if we get 10 to 15 Bronco's along with passenger, we'll be in range. If more, then we'll see if we can get 2 group tour. If less than 30, we can then take "Tag along" in with the tour group.
Please let me know no later than September 21st if you are going to go, either with an email, phone call or an affirmative on here.

Again, Thank you very Much Paul & his friend Thomas, I really really appreciate the leg work and suggestions to make this work!!!!!! "

OK, the date originally scheduled was already taken, but below is confirmed date:

Saturday October 18th 1pm. This is confirmed, so please each Bronco (or per vehicle) with 1 guest to start with, let me know if you would like to go.
As stated before, as of now it's limited to 30 people but if more, we'll need to know in advance how many extra's are going.
We can always view the collection then head over to Alpine Inn for dinner (per 904 suggestion), but that's up to everyone. I think this might be a great opportunity for a photo shoot there and afterwards at dinner, so lets all keep that in mind too.

Mark

Last edited:

camucsb

Tanks and stuff? I'd be interested. I have a busy september but if it falls on a free weekend and if my bronco is not in pieces at that point then I'll definitely come out.

Just a thought, but if we can avoid doing it on a saturday, it would make it a lot easier to work around my college football-watching responsibilities ;D

OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

Sounds like fun. I did some googling and found this site that has more pics:
http://www.mishalov.com/littlefield-6jan07/

His collection looks amazing!!

Also, the address is:
495 Old Spanish Trail
Portola Valley, CA 94028

Kyle
San Jose

Yup, it is some really cool stuff. A friend my said that he has pretty cool train collection (not model!). Either way, I sent him an email. I know I could have done better on my wording, but, it was sent:

Hello & Good Morning,
Mr Littlefield, my name is Mark Beck. I work at Wildhorses 4x4 in Stockton California. We are a parts supplier for the Early Ford Bronco 66-77 and am a very big history buff, along with a real passion for all things around WWII.
Where I'm going with this is, that I am in hopes that I along with other Early Bronco owners with some family & friends could some how find a time that's convenient for all for a tour of your marvelous facility (along with the vehicles of course!).
I was raised & lived in Menlo Park for years and have been very aware of your collection ( I remember an article in the Country Almanac about how much hassle you had to go through to get your "Scud Missile launcher"), but always thought it would be near to impossible to see first hand. But now I see you and the crew on cable and it has made me want even more to see this along with my son, to show him what was needed to preserve the world during those turbulent times.
I'm sure that it will be at least 10 very classic early Ford Bronco's with friends and family included, along with a couple of friends with classic cars, most have acknowledge wanting to see your collection.

So, if at all possible, just let me know possible dates & times and what if any requirements you need from us, I'll inform everyone and get you whatever information you need.
If not, Thank you for you time and I wish you the best of luck on your future projects.

Benzo

Loc.
SF Bay Area
PM sent. I would really like to see the collection too. Here's a back picture of my WWII motorcycle. Anyone besides Mark know what it is? :)

Attachments

• Mine 11.jpg
    Mine 11.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

PM sent. I would really like to see the collection too. Here's a back picture of my WWII motorcycle. Anyone besides Mark know what it is? :)

Thanks for the pics, that is a cool bike. My brothers into beamers, so he has a friend that has a WWII bike with original side car, way cool.

Mark

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This sounds cool. My sept is looking good provided Campico brings us home with ease. Tho I must head to WA to pick up a Bronco some weekend in there, but I can work around it. I have always wanted to see the military collection.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One of our Bronco brothers (who missed the last meet-and-greet) has been up to the property a couple of times. He and a bunch of his buddies are into tanks in a big way. They build and run scale models on his work property on tracks they've made. Nice that his work lets them get away with that kind of stuff!
I'm sure he'd be interested in going. And I KNOW that I would!

Paul

Rumpfy

Loc.
San Jose, Ca.
I'm not into vintage WW items per se, but that is a fascinating collection.

My Sept is booking up pretty quick, but if I get a window, I'm game.

OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

I've always been a history buff & especially found of military history. I've known about this guy for a while (I only grew up in the area), but I thought it would be totally cool to try and have a get-together and meet here:

This is on the west side of the San Francisco Bay Area, between Los Altos/Palo Alto & Portola Valley just below Skyline blvd.

I'm sure if we can get enough people, we could swing it. It would be really cool to have a place to meet, then all drive up there in the Bronco's, bring the family with you to see these pieces of history.

This is just a feeler to see how many people might want to go, so if this was to happen I can only think it would have to be a Saturday or Sunday (Unless the only way to get in would be during the week) in September, or whatever options would be available.

Let me know, Thx.................

Mark

Spoke with Paul today (Dirt Donk), he's got a friend (to which I met at a get together) who has told him that he could arrange for us to see the collection. He said that we can probably get a date to go view the collection, but they prefer around 30 people at a time. I do know of at least 7 or more on NorCal site just in Bronco owners, how many extra people would come with you, if you were going to go??? I do need a sort of head count to see if we can come close.
Now the next part, Dates:
It looks like at present a tentative date of either 9/11 or 9/18 would be available. We are working on possible weekends, but again, that might be difficult depending on Mr Littlefield's schedule too. So I did ask if it was a week day, could we get a late afternoon viewing, so we'll see what happens from here.

Thanks again for Paul in asking the right people in the right place for any help possible to make this happen.

Mark

OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

I've always been a history buff & especially found of military history. I've known about this guy for a while (I only grew up in the area), but I thought it would be totally cool to try and have a get-together and meet here:

This is on the west side of the San Francisco Bay Area, between Los Altos/Palo Alto & Portola Valley just below Skyline blvd.

I'm sure if we can get enough people, we could swing it. It would be really cool to have a place to meet, then all drive up there in the Bronco's, bring the family with you to see these pieces of history.

This is just a feeler to see how many people might want to go, so if this was to happen I can only think it would have to be a Saturday or Sunday (Unless the only way to get in would be during the week) in September, or whatever options would be available.

Let me know, Thx.................

Mark

GREAT NEWS!!!! Update as of 8/21/08 12:21pm:

OK, forgive this novice on getting groups together. I just got an email from Paul's friend, it looks like he's got a date of Saturday October 11th. So that's all good for a weekend.
I also was wrong on "how many" could go, groups of 10 to 30 max can go. So that being said, how many individuals along with one guest will want to go?? That way, if we get 10 to 15 Bronco's along with passenger, we'll be in range. If more, then we'll see if we can get a 2 group tour. If less than 30, we can then take "Tag alongs" in with the tour group.
Please let me know no later than September 21st if you are going to go (either with an email, phone call or an affirmative on here.

Again, Thank you very Much Paul & his friend Thomas, I really really appreciate the leg work and suggestions to make this work!!!!!!

Mark

Last edited:

Muddypony

I'll be the first to say, I'm in plus 1. Thanks for getting this together. This is going to be really cool.

OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

Mark, sorry I am a day late and a dollar short, please add 1 for me to your count.

Ben

Don't worry Ben:

OK, the date originally scheduled was already taken, but below is confirmed date:

Saturday October 18th 1pm. This is confirmed, so please each Bronco (or per vehicle) with 1 guest to start with, let me know if you would like to go.
As stated before, as of now it's limited to 30 people but if more, we'll need to know in advance how many extra's are going.
We can always view the collection then head over to Alpine Inn for dinner (per 904 suggestion), but that's up to everyone. I think this might be a great opportunity for a photo shoot there and afterwards at dinner, so lets all keep that in mind too.

Mark

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That weekend thing was good news when I heard it too Mark. That's going to open it up for more to come.
The afterwards get-together is great by me too. Good idea Doug. You ARE coming too, by the way?
Can't wait.

Paul

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
That weekend thing was good news when I heard it too Mark. That's going to open it up for more to come.
The afterwards get-together is great by me too. Good idea Doug. You ARE coming too, by the way?
Can't wait.

Paul

The 18th is also a work day :cry: I will work on getting that day off... Got to check the Wife's work schedule too, as she will be traveling to Poland that month.

OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

The 18th is also a work day :cry: I will work on getting that day off... Got to check the Wife's work schedule too, as she will be traveling to Poland that month.

Well if you do have to work Doug, grab the engine and meet up there for dinner at least ;D Rather see you bring the Bronco though!

Mark