• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

She died on me lastnight....

Red1974Bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City
Since I have had the Bronco up for sale and I work out of town, I havent had anytime at all to take the ol' Bronco for a spin....until yesterday....She drove great all day with no problems....pulled it in the garage lastnight and turned her off.....what I didnt realize was I turned the key one click too many to the left and kept the ignition in accessory mode....so I bled the battery down....after about 4 hours i realized my guage lights were still on and knew what mistake I had made.....so I jumped the Bronco and got her running again....while running I took off the positive battery cable to make sure my alternator was still good and POOF! she died on me....dead....wont start at all.....she will crank and crank and crank and....well you get the point...could I have fried something? wouldnt the regulator stop the flow of too many volts? I know my accessories are getting juice...I can hear my fuel pump kick on when I turn the key....my stereo kicks on too....but Im getting no fire? Im lost on what to check for..... any thoughts?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Have you checked spark at the plug wires? What type of ignition?

chavis77

Loc.
sebring
well sounds like brain box ( power spike) I blew a head light and fried brain tach and radio fuse so I vote brain

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
See if you have voltage to the coil with the ignition switch in the RUN position. If not you may have fried the ignition resistor wire under the dash.