• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shocking??

bchesley

Over the past 20 years of me building rigs I have tried every brand of shock there is and you simply can't beat the performance of a single high performance Monotube shock. Bilstein, fox, King, and a few others are available. You will thank yourself over and over again. I run Fox 2.0's valved at 70/30 but I run Bilsteins on my towrig and J@@p.

jmart52

My vote is for Fox. You can rebuild them revalve them and you only need one per wheel. They have the cd adjuster that you can add on also.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I put the old adjustable Ranchos on mine over a decade ago. They finally gave up on me. I took them into Desert Rat and they warrantied the shocks to the new Rancho 9000XL. I went through two pairs and could not get a nice ride. Way to bouncy. I really wanted the Bilsteins 7100s, but the way I looked at it I already had $200 in Rancho credit and decided to go with their ProSeries Remote Reservoir Shock and finally have a decent shock on the Bronco. No more bounce, less roll in turns, better level braking, and will soak up the wash board and whoops.......

IMG_3804.jpg