• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Short Girlfriend...

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
Here's the problem.. My EB has a 5.5" suspension lift and a 2" body lift, which isn't really a problem for me, but my GF seems to be having a lot of trouble getting up into the cab. ;D As much as I have to grin watching her "leap" up into the cab, I really should install something under the doors to help her out (in). She wants me to hang a boat ladder off of the door sill. :p However, I would prefer something a little more "Bronco"-ish to take care of this. What would y'all suggest?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
You mean you just watch as the poor girl struggles??
Now's your chance to "assist" her physically.... ;D
Put your arm around her and help her get in.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
someone makes a set of stirrups that hang under the doors. if you ask me, what else would you put under an old horse like ours? plus they're not hard mounted incase you hit a rock.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I stopped dating short chicks for this reason. But if I do happen across one, I usually try to park next to a curb or something and then I jacked an egg crate from Safeway and have that in the garage.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
I carry a small stool around when I am hauling vertically challenged females.
They appreciate it and you dont have to mount anything if you dont want.

Besides, it forces one to be a gentleman ;D

msweb

Bronco Guru
Just send all the short ones to me. My Bronco only has a 3" lift and until my leg heals, I could use some "nursing". ;D

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I welded a grab handle on the cage and then welded on side bars to my BC 1/4" rocker covers and tied them to the frame.
6858ModifiedBCskifrnt.jpg

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
I made step/ nerf bars for mine out of 2X3 rectangular tubing I only left a 1/2 inch gap between the bottom of the rocker and the top of the bar but I have no body lift. you could leave a couple of inches and still not have them any lower than your T-case skid plate. I made mine so they stick out almost even with my tires which makes them easier to step on when getting out and protects the body from other people's doors in parking lots.

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
What an interesting thread. My fiance is from Laos and she is only 4'10 on a good day. I should be getting my Bronco back this week but before she had trouble getting into it with a 2" lift and 30's. When I get it back it will have a 5.5" lift and 36's. I should get quite a few laughs out of watching her get in and out. As far as the steps go, "NOT GONNA HAPPEN". Get some grab handles from WH and just tell her that when you take the top off she can climb up and down the tires. What size tires are you running anyways? If you want to help her then tell her to wear more mini skirts, it will be your pleasure to help. Good Luck MustangMarty

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
j.r.nice said:
I carry a small stool around when I am hauling vertically challenged females.
They appreciate it and you dont have to mount anything if you dont want.

Besides, it forces one to be a gentleman ;D

Ditto here. But I shouldn't thake the credit for it...the missus had a cute but tall little stool made and a custom bungee cord to go with it that is attached to teh cage. She opens the door, sets the stool on the ground, climbs in, retrieves the stool with the bungee and tucks it back against the seat and off we go.

We get some 'looks' and grins when we pull to a stop somewhere, her door opens and the stool plops to the ground before she exits... ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
myscott22 said:
Sounds like a problem us old guys just dream about.
LOL..the 'missus going wheeling with the old man' part..or the 'vertically challenged girl friend' part??..or just simply the girlfriend part, challenged, or not?... ;D

I'm 47...not old yet.