• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

should I lift or leave stock

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I did the WH 2.5" lift then the 30x9.5 tires. Uncut w stock wheels n hubcaps. I love it and rides great. I tortured myself over the decision for weeks. I really think this is the way it should have looked from the factory. The stock 5.5" wheels n 9.5" tires keep the stock look.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Are you going to pull the 44 out and replace all the bushings? More work, but now is the time!

Jakedog

Lift it! I like the ride and the look of a lifted bronco. Plus, a 2.5" lift is mild, but works well for on-road, or off-road!

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
Very cool. You'll like the stock height. I went from a 2" lift back to stock height. I've got 32" tires and cut fenders. If you're interested, check my photos--the one with the turbine wheels has the new tires and suspension.

matt w

Bronco Guru
I put a Tom's suspension lift on my truck and the ride is way better than what was on it. I would think the springs from any of the major supporters of this site would be a better ride than a superlift set-up. imho.

you have a nice ride there!

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
i would just put a stock lift on it and drive it....the new stock lift will ride so much better but man that thing is just to nice as is to be changing alot of stuff on it.....just my 02

Broncoholic1

i would just put a stock lift on it and drive it....the new stock lift will ride so much better but man that thing is just to nice as is to be changing alot of stuff on it.....just my 02

Needs a little bit Stock height, with a 1" BL need the 31's

bronco_ranger

What's the verdict?

Were you happy with your purchase? Which vendor did you go with? Any lessons learned on the install?

OP
OP
M

mdukti

I went with the stock height suspension kit from WH & picked up bilstein shocks seperately as well as the adjustable tie rod/drag link setup from WH. After I finished putting the new c-bushing, springs, tie rods, etc in the front end I decided to change out the ball joints as well as they were worn. After tearing the hub apart, other demands pulled me away from working on it. For a couple weeks she has been sitting patiently in the garage waiting for me to put her back together. I wish I had the time to finish what I started. I am sure most of you would have her back on her feet in a couple hours, but for a novice like me it takes significantly longer. Maybe this weekend. I promise to update and add some pictures once it is all done. Thanks all for the help thus far.

backpain

Bronco Guru
x2. Great just like it is. Get another one and cut the fenders and lift it. No such thing as too many cars.