• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What lift Should i go with???

Casey835

I have the same question! I am debating Duff or Cage. Only Duff because of the complete kit. Cage uhhhhh because it looks like what I need or want. I want a real good street ride with all the abilities....5.5 lift uncut fenders as big as tire as poss............you know something like that killer one that Bax has. I dream about that thing. It gives me goose bumps!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Casey-

Keep in mind that Bax's rig does have modified rear fenders, the goal was just to keep it looking uncut to provide a little more clearance...you are right, it sure does look bad a$$ though.

If you plan to keep it uncut, you are limited on how big your tires can be height-wise due to the 'width-problem'. With an uncut fender you simply cant functionally drive with wider than 10.5" tire...and most would say a 10.5 is pushing it. I think SS makes a 34 X 9.5 that would be cool, but you can do that with only 3.5 " of lift. Not trying to bust your balls or your bubble, but it would suck to get most of the way there and be dissappointed when it cant/wont come altogether. Good luck.

Casey835

Yeah I saw that he had cut them and raised them like 4" and I've even thought about that. The other info you gave though is the kind of info that i'm interested in as well.(tire sizes that may work) My fenders were cut by PO. I have already removed the rest of the fender to replace w/JBG quarters. Sorry didn't mean to highjack. I will start another thread later so maybe I can nail down a solid plan.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
BCB sells Deaver leafsprings; their coils are made by an undisclosed manufacturer.
While it is true that I sell the Devers 11 leaf springs I now also sell a new 9 leaf spring that I have made for me. Yes made in the USA by a undisclosed manufacturer. They provide a firmer ride but still articulates well for those that mostly drive on road but also like to off road. Also I don't have a "kit" but I do have all the parts.

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
I have the same question! I am debating Duff or Cage. Only Duff because of the complete kit. Cage uhhhhh because it looks like what I need or want. I want a real good street ride with all the abilities....5.5 lift uncut fenders as big as tire as poss............you know something like that killer one that Bax has. I dream about that thing. It gives me goose bumps!

If you lift 5.5" and want any sort of articulation--with extended arms and soft springs--you will need to consider a caster fix for the front axle. You have three choices: run negative caster and only use it off road since roadway steering will be dangerous, been there done that; buy a $600 front driveshaft from High Angle driveline that you may still need to grind on to eliminate full droop bind; or plan on clocking your axle C's back to fix caster (really the best choice). Otherwise stick with a 3.5" lift (max) and cut up the body to fit whatever tires you want. I know people running 5.5" lift, 7 degree c-bushings, stock arms that are lowered at the frame and factory front driveshaft. I don't know how they aren't bound up at the CV joint, but it seems to work for them. Mine was bound horribly. If I ever do another truck I will stick with low lift and body cut--unless you source a high pinion front axle, and even then a cut/turn is the best way to fix all issues with the front end. Plan and research before spending $$.
BTW, I'm very happy with my WH rear spings--running 5 years of heavy use with ZERO issues. Very good product.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I'm running Cage on my Bronco, my son's the Wild Horses system 16, and I think the Wild Horses rides better on road and works better off road too.

I have also ridden in BCB equipped Broncos and have been very impressed, and don't be mislead by the fact that Chuck does not offer a system, because in a way he does. And what he likes to do is make recommendations based on your specific and exclusive needs, and what you can afford.

And don't forget Tom's, great people and products there too, along with Duff's and some of the others.

But before you make a final decision, call these guys up and talk to them, see how they treat you and include that as part of your decision, and may the best customer service and product win you business ;)

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
Welcome aboard! I think a 3.5" lift would do you just fine. As for what vendor to go to, idk, I'm still trying to decide that my own self. You came to the right place for help though. Most of these guys are great at lending a helping hand.