• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Should the Classic/Early Bronco be Called Gen 1? Your Thoughts?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure we'll all end up calling them what we've called them for years. Ford is referring to them as the different Gens so we'll just have to work with it when new folks refer to them that way.

Todd Z.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Using "Gen 1-xx" is a great way to refer to the different model years but Ford ruined that possibility when they made two different model vehicles with the same name that included the goofy Bronco II.

The same result will likely happen when they offer a Bronco and a goofy Baby Bronco. %)

Chevrolet has it down perfectly with the Corvette generations called C1 thru the now nearly perfect C8.

My Yamaha FJR1300 also has designated generations so one knows exactly what year is being observed.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Before the early or classic name came around we called them Bobtails. I will always call them that or Early Broncos and Fullsize Broncos. Just my opinion.
frenchy

I got my first EB in '77 and don't recall the name Bobtails being used around Portland, Oregon.

Bronco4x4

I hear Gen. 5 I think of my Honda Civic tree beater. Early or Classic Bronco has my vote.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I think I will always call the 66-77s Early broncos, Classic broncos , or Original bronco. Though I have called the Ebs the "first gen" bronco to non bronco people that are clueless and don't know the difference between a bronco and a jeep. They think that if it is 2 doors and 4 wheel drive its a jeep.!%)

The 2020 will be the new bronco.
The 78-96 are full size broncos
But that is just me. As we all know there are a lot of big and little differences between all the years!

Kbpony

I used to hear our classics called “shoebox Broncos” at times. Don’t hear it much anymore.