• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me pics of your painted engines

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Show me how you have been painting your engines. What color you have painted your blocks, tranny, water pump, pullies, etc?

Don't know if to paint all the same color or paint pullies and water pump (accessories) like a silver?

brian

mag409

Loc.
Central Pennsylvania
Here is mine. My pullies and brackets have all been sandblasted and painted black. Haven't installed them yet.

Attachments

• Motor Done.JPG
    Motor Done.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Motor Done II.JPG
    Motor Done II.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 77

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I see blue is a popular color...go figure... ;)

Attachments

• Engine Build.jpg
    Engine Build.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 99
  • engine shot completed.jpg
    engine shot completed.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Engine complete.jpg
    Engine complete.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 104

kontinu

Loc.
mount holly
i painted mine orange, just the clutch bell housing, tranny, and t-case, oh and the driveshafts. I'll do the engine when I rebuild it

Attachments

• clutch painted.JPG
    clutch painted.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 48

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Yellow 302

Black And Silver On Yellow And Of Course Some Chrome Not Done Painting All The Brackets Yet But You Get My Drift

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Mine is HALF painted and fancied up. Couldn't bring myself to paint the heads ;D . Everything is clean and neat it just isn't fancy

Attachments

• under hood edit for web.jpg
    under hood edit for web.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 67
  • new heads.jpg
    new heads.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 101

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
kontinu said:
i painted mine orange, just the clutch bell housing, tranny, and t-case, oh and the driveshafts. I'll do the engine when I rebuild it
chevy orange? how dare you!!!! ;D

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
if the engine is blue...mine is too. No pics yet,because I am going to create a post of before and after.

But if the engine is blue does it look best with a silver or blue water pump? I am going to do all the brackets and stuff silver.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
brian72 said:
if the engine is blue...mine is too. No pics yet,because I am going to create a post of before and after.

But if the engine is blue does it look best with a silver or blue water pump? I am going to do all the brackets and stuff silver.
i prefer a colormatched water pump. mine is colormatched with an aluminum intake and pulleys, black valve covers, red dizzy cap, and blue wires and vacuum lines.

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
I am definately partial to the Ford blue. I think you can go to your local Ford dealer and get some. It just looks right on Ford engine and not any other color. :cool: I don't think I have to show any pictures for that color.

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
here's a pic of mine. Ford blue. M/T valve covers too.

Attachments

• 351 bbq pic.jpg
    351 bbq pic.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 55