• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your custom sterio/speaker pics!!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
A couple of years ago, I took a 45 degree PVC elbow and made an enclosure for 2 6.5" Infinity Marine speakers. Sounded good. I just removed the speakers this weekend to mount them in my 'underdash' console that I made. The PVC thing worked good, just needs a stand or mount fabbed. At the time, I wasnt looking for permanence, b/c of the frame off...now its form and function, so the PVC is out. If anyone is looking for something that fits under your dash, the PVC enclosure is looking for a new home, give me a PM with email and I can send a pic or two. Really, nothing fancy and easy enough to do on your own. PVC is nice since its dense, filled with some poly-fill, the sound is pretty darn good.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
:(

I cant believe no one has my idea yet.. i dont know if i should keep it top secret or not????
Loud tunes and nothing but space.

Come on Pokey Fill us in
I just picked up some new stuff, to move my Bronco into the 21st century. I allready have a nice set of JL's in the front, but my rear speakers suck big time.

It would be a shame to use this stuff with crappy rear speakers

Attachments

• AlpineIpod.JPG
    AlpineIpod.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 56

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
MMMM I love alpine! I have been running alpine decks since I got their first detachable face stereo around 1990...the 7803s...still works well too!

kntr

Bronco Guru
Im running Diamond Audio 5 1/4" in the doors, Rockford Fosgate 6" in the rear panels, Rockford Fosgate 3 1/2" for a center speaker, 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" subs, 2 Rockford Fosgate punch 75s amps, and a Alpine Cd player and this thing sounds great and is super loud. I love music.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Hey Kanter, how do you wire the center speaker?

Good question. Im not sure. My buddy is the installation manager at a high end stereo shop and did it for me. Its nice having buddys like that. :cool: The center channel really fills the void in sound. It makes it sound so much better and louder.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You could bridge one of the pairs (plus from left, minus from right), either front or rear to go to it I guess. Then the other pair could still be used, not sure how to run 5 speakers off a 4 channel though, I am sure it can be done, those guys do crazy stuff with ohms!

OP
OP
KANE

KANE

Loc.
Pembroke, MA.
Running a center speaker is alot like a home theater set up - For a true center channel it would have output wires and the head unit would need to process 5.1 surround. I would think the center channel would be more useful if you had a CD/DVD head unit with a Lcd screen that can process it - otherwise it is probably wired in mono - which is fine too.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I run a two channel amp to the front and rear speakers. I believe the + wire comes from one side and then the - from the other. Then the center channel is a certain ohm speaker so the amp runs at a certain ohm to get more power. Im not sure on this so you might ask a certified stereo guy. :)

I always like to run a center channel for better imiging. I use to be into the high end stereo contests and the center always helped. Plus it adds to the front sound.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Kanter - Let me know if you find that certified stereo guy!! That's funny!

Its actually true. The stereo shop my buddy works for will actually send them to a school, in Vegas I think, and you can get certain degrees of certification and they get pay raises accordingly. My buddy has been installing stereos for 20 years and thinks its BS, but he could make more money if he would just swallow his pride and take the week or two week course.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
MMMM I love alpine! I have been running alpine decks since I got their first detachable face stereo around 1990...the 7803s...still works well too!

YES THEY ARE!! i will never own any other deck that isnt an ALPINE

Come on Pokey Fill us in

fine fine.. they are wakeboard tower speakers. i have 2 6 1/2 cans on the cage and 2 6x9s in a box behind each seat.. LOUDEST speakers out there.. this is why i know KICKERS SUCK!!! those 6x9's will sound like garbage even from 4 feet away.. you will get an echo sound from the lows
ww-18.jpg

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Pokey, which 6.5" tower speakers do you have and where did you get them, looks like those have a component speaker on them too. I am looking to do a pair also, have been for a while hanging off my crab cage but am just now finishing the paint. Some of the prices on those are crazy! I have been looking at the Bazooka 6" ones as I dont want the 8" on the tower.

BG's 68 Bronco

It's been awhile and I'm still not finished... haven't touched it in over a year, but I am working on installing a sub under the drivers seat using a aux tank. Ya it won't be for everyone, but I have no need for an aux tank and i won't be submerging my bronc in mud or water up to my nuts. I am reinforcing the tank with anything imaginable, but it might be a better idea just to build your own weather proof enclosure. Regardless it won't take up space, but I will have to cut a hole in the floor under my seat. i don't think it would be that big of deal considering guys with pick ups cut holes through the box and back of cab because the subs are mounted in the bed?!? I think the sound bar or wake board speakers are good options also.

Whatever takes up the least room, not as visible and still looks and sounds good is what I'm after.

Louie

Bronco Guru
Would a 6.5" speaker fit in those KC Light housings? I have an old pair I'm thing about doing that with. Would the bigger magnets fit in?

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Would a 6.5" speaker fit in those KC Light housings? I have an old pair I'm thing about doing that with. Would the bigger magnets fit in?

in 4wheel mag back in the day someone submitted a "HOMEGROWN HINT" doing just that. see if it works.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Hey Pokey, which 6.5" tower speakers do you have and where did you get them, looks like those have a component speaker on them too. I am looking to do a pair also, have been for a while hanging off my crab cage but am just now finishing the paint. Some of the prices on those are crazy! I have been looking at the Bazooka 6" ones as I dont want the 8" on the tower.

They are "BOSS ADUIO" cans and speakers. i got them for 2oo bones from the local boat show i worked at. they were last years models (three years ago) and they said that they changed back of the can fron flat to round for looks.. so i grabed these and they are loud.. they are the B-52 models

MattM

Loc.
Missoula, MT
I bought these off e-bay. I thought they would fit under the back seat but they are a hair too tall. I may raise the back seat with some bar stock so I can hide them. Right now, I have one mounted under the passenger’s seat.

Attachments

• speakers2.jpg
    speakers2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 55

Louie

Bronco Guru
Custom speaker attempt failed miserably!

Well, at least I tried :p I tore apart my old KC 6" lights and bought a pair of 6.5" Polk speakers and guess what...they're about a half inch too big! Duhh%)

Actually the speakers fit perfectly in the opening but there was no way the screws would attach to anything. I was going to drill a hole in that triangle brace in the back 2 corners of the hardtop and mount them upside down...up and out of the way! Oh well...

Attachments

• speaker 2.JPG
    speaker 2.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 79
  • speaker 1.JPG
    speaker 1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 96
  • speaker mount.JPG
    speaker mount.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 84